Re: [ExExGayMinistry] Re: Greetings and Blessings to all!

  • MrChuk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2009
      Just "let go and let God"..... so easy it seems like cheating!
      Chuk

      In a message dated 11/5/2009 1:14:03 P.M. Central Standard Time,
      godismovingtoday@... writes:

      Dear Brother Alan

      Me again. I find that when I struggle or am having a hard time it is often
      because I am trying to figure it all out, understand with my own limited
      mind what is happening, trying to control things the way I think they should
      go instead of trusting God. I find I want it all last week and cant
      understand its not happening right now the way I want it to. God is still there
      waiting patiently till I run out of steam, realize He has been there all
      along and begin again to hand Him back the reins of my life and let Him do
      what He needs to do and wants to on His time schedule (not mine usually) and
      ib His way. When I do I find out His way is always better than anything I
      could have come up with or quite even dreamed of.

      As for reconciling you sexual orientation and faith its to simply trust
      God that He is there and loves you even if you dont have it all figured out
      yet. That He loves you in spite of your questions and doubts. To trust that
      in His good time He will reveal things to you and bring understanding. It
      would be nice maybe if God would wave a magic wand over us and we'd become
      instant perfect Christian without any doubts, fears, questions,
      relaspes/backslidinif God would wave a magic wand over us and we'd become instant
      perfect Christian without any doubts, fears, questions,
      relaspes/backslidin<WBR>gs, know the will fully at all times and do it. However that is not the
      real world. Christanity is about growth and change which comes gradually. Just
      like humans who start as babies (needing someone to do everything for
      them) then progess to toddler, then school age, then teenager and finally adult
      (presumed to be able to handle a good portion of life on their own)
      second coming. Hopefully we get better at walking it and come to
      understand things better and struggle less but it is still all a part of life. There
      will never be a time in this life I believe where we will know everything
      there is to know, and know and understand God perfectly. There will always
      be those things we cant understand or explain where we simply have to trust
      that the one who can see the beginning to the end is in charge and taking
      care of things to bring about His desired goal and purpose in us. Gay may
      complicate things or perhaps make it harder due to the actions of others
      (especially so called "Christians"second coming. Hopefully we get better at
      walking it and come to understand things better and struggle less but it is
      still all a part of life. There will never be a time in this life I believe
      where we will know everything there is to know, and know and understand God
      perfectly. There will always be those things we cant understand or
      chooses to reveal the answers to us. To be honest its not the things I
      dont know that scares me its what I do know. There is enough there to keep me
      occupied, reflecting, meditating on Him and working on so I can become more
      like Christ. Even after 40 plus years of being a Christian and in ministry
      there are still things I am working on and am still changing and being
      changed. I suspect it will remain so until the day of my death, But I also
      find it exciting as I watch God working never knowing what He may do next. It
      is like a new adventure each day with God doing the leading. If this life
      thus far is any example then the next should be really glorious especially
      when I can get rid of the constant pain of arthritis, knees that dont want to
      work right, deafness, etc. Lay aside all the problems of this life get my
      new body minus all that stuff will be glorious in itself and that is just
      the begining I believe. Anyway enough rambling for now. You got my
      views so will close and send this on through

      God Bless You

      Rev. John W. Brown

      --- On Thu, 11/5/09, ad4071 <_ad4071@...4_ (mailto:ad4071@...) >

      From: ad4071 <_ad4071@...4_ (mailto:ad4071@...) >
      Subject: [ExExGayMinistry] Re: Greetings and Blessings to all!
      To: _exexgayministry@exexgayminisexe_
      (mailto:exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com)
      Date: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 8:51 AM

      Hello,

      I am a "newbie" here too, but I wanted to greet you and tell you I am
      looking forward to hearing from you.

      When you say you "struggle" this reminds me that this is something I have
      been thinking about for some time. If we are struggling, it seems like
      something is not quite right. Jesus Himself said His yoke is easy and His
      burden is light. (Matt. 11:30) That doesn't sound like a struggle to me.

      1 Timothy 6:12 talks about fighting the good fight of faith. So, if I am
      right, our "struggle" is only one of faith and God does the rest. So, when I
      did all the struggling, I think I was attempting to do something that was
      God's work in the first place.

      I am still not resolute in where all this gels, but I know my past beliefs
      of guilt, struggling and not being able to reconcile my same sex
      attraction with my faith, kept me away from God rather than trying to seek Him and
      His truth. There is so much I don't know and still don't have the answers
      to, but I know that any teaching that keeps me from seeking God, can't be
      right. I was taught that God would have nothing to do with me when I "act out"
      and am no-repentant of my acting out. This resulted in me completely
      shutting myself off from God, His Word and any fellowship with other believers.
      This teaching didn't mean I was supposed to never "act out" again, but it
      did mean I was supposed to have the intent and will to not do it again.

      Even (and maybe especially) when we are in our sinful, fallen state, I
      know God wants us to turn to Him and seek His truth. I was avoiding Him
      completely. No prayer, no Bible study and no fellowship with other believers. How
      can a sick person get better when they won't go near a Physician?

      "When Jesus heard that, He said to them, "Those who are well have no need o
      f a physician, but those who are sick."
      (Matthew 9:12 NKJV)

      Please keep posting and hopefully our struggle will be resolved.

      Blessings,
      Alan

      --- In exexgayministry@ yahoogroups. com, "veritatisamor" <VeritatisAmor@
      ...> wrote:

      > A very good friend of mine let me to this site. He told me that my
      assistance could benefit this site. I myself struggle a great deal with personal
      orientation. I have for years sought out support and assistance which was
      at times a blessing but others grief, hardships, and pain. I found my name
      to be the source of detraction both on the internet and clergy circles. I
      have a few clergymen in my area who view it their God given duty to cause me
      suffering Ironically, I feel there are just big closeted queens. Its like
      being a former drug addict, alcholic, etc. You change one addiction for
      another.
      > I am blessed.I live one day at a time. I hope to hear from you all and
      help in any way that I can. I am blessed to have the friend that pointed me
      out to this group. As we are all seeking to be happy and whole. Hugs from
      the Delta and to all my brothers in the deep south!

    • Joiner Rex
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2009
        Thanks Chuck for the resources. But I'm still one of those on the fence on this issue. For example, whether the Bible ever mentions the word "homosexual" or any of its forms seems to be totally irrelevant to the discussion. And one person in his article says the law was given to us to prove we couldn't keep it - something like that - I don't remember the exact wording. But the Bible says, "The law was our school master to bring us onto Christ..." then goes on to say "we are no longer under a schoolmaster." So, I'm in perfect agreement the new covenant is not the same as the old, but it is indeed a better covenant as the Apostle Paul said. But, why would we throw out the baby with the bath water. Jesus said he didn't come to destroy the law or the prophets, but to fulfill.

        Having said that, if indeed the Bible (the whole Bible, rightly-divided) is the Word of God, then I would just like to find out what it teaches, not try to say that just because the word "homosexual" doesn't appear in the Bible, this simply means that God was never talking about sexual acts between people who loved each other whenever he talked about prohibited sexual acts. And just to explain it all away by saying it only had to do with temple prostitution, nothing else. By that definition, it would perfectly ok with God if unmarried people had sexual relations with other unmarried people, as long as they are both willing partners, even if they have 100 partners before they get married. But once they are married, they are bound only to each other. Is that what some of these people believe?

        Trying to understand,

        Jerry in Michigan

        As a gay man, I'd love to embrace that part of me. But so far the arguments are very far-fetched and puny. You've got to come up with some things far more convincing than that, in my opinion.

        ________________________________

        --- In _exexgayministry@ exexgayminisexe_

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 9, 2009
          Jerry,
          It will never be my intent to persuade/argue with you one way or the other
          about the Scriptures. I offer resources with the hope that they will help
          you find your own peace/answers.

          My journey o peace took me all my adult life. I've come to the
          conclusion in my old age... regardless of what we all "think" about the Bible, God,
          Jesus, etc.... if one can accept the bottom line.. that "GOD IS LOVE"...
          then all the rest are just moot points for arguments sake. And, I've learned
          to trust and have faith that regardless of it all, God loves me and will
          take care of me in the end. Takes away a lot of pressure for sure.

          I've attended Bob Jones University, graduated from a Baptist College and
          been involved in conservative/fundamentalism most of my life and I've been
          taught so much scripture interpretations that it now wears on my mind....
          I've just learned to "let go and let God" and for me, that has brought my
          peace.

          I hope you find yours.

          Hugz,
          Chuk

          In a message dated 11/8/2009 7:19:01 P.M. Central Standard Time,
          rexjoiner@... writes:

          Thanks Chuck for the resources. But I'm still one of those on the fence on
          this issue. For example, whether the Bible ever mentions the word
          "homosexual" or any of its forms seems to be totally irrelevant to the discussion.
          And one person in his article says the law was given to us to prove we
          couldn't keep it - something like that - I don't remember the exact wording. But
          the Bible says, "The law was our school master to bring us onto Christ..."
          then goes on to say "we are no longer under a schoolmaster.Thanks Chuck

          From: "_MrChuk@..._ (mailto:MrChuk@...) " <_MrChuk@..._

          (mailto:exexgaymini(mailto:exexgaymini<WBR>stry@ yahoogroups.

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 9, 2009
            Thanks Chuck. On that note we certainly can agree - God is love. Thanks.

            From: "_MrChuk@aol. com_ (mailto:MrChuk@...) " <_MrChuk@aol. com_