Re: [ExExGayMinistry] Re: Newbie

  • MrChuk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2009
      I work with developmentally disabled persons for the past 30 years....
      They are less than "normal" compared to the rest of us... so why didn't Got
      "make them" normal.... I think you are right... there is a parameter that
      God is "hands off" to stay it generally... and things in creation go awry
      from His best intentions... but that never, ever diminishes His love for each
      of his creation.
      Chuk

      In a message dated 11/4/2009 5:47:06 P.M. Central Standard Time,
      ad4071@... writes:

      Reverend Brown,

      Thanks so much for your warm welcome to this group. I'm glad I found this
      group and I'm looking forward to discussions with all of you.

      Basically I agree with all you have said with one exception. Please don't
      take me wrong on this, because my belief in this one difference in opinion
      does not hinder my love for anyone else whatsoever. I just don't think God
      made me gay. I do, however believe He ALLOWED it to happen. I don't know
      why, but I know He is in control and nothing happens to me that is not in His
      control.

      One thing I do know is that gay men are more sensitive, and God loves a
      sensitive spirit. In other words, someone that is sensitive to Him and to His
      Word.

      It seems that homophobia is prevalent in much of the church now. The Bible
      has a lot more to say about adultery and hypocrisy than it does
      homosexuality. As far as Scripture goes, homosexuality is barely mentioned, yet for
      many it's nearly the only thing they ever preach about. I think it's because
      condemnation of someone else makes our own pet sins seem less relevant.

      These so-called churches that run around with the "God hates fags" signs
      make me sick. Why don't their signs say, "God hates hypocrites. liar and/or
      adulterers?" God love everyone so much He sent his Son to die on their
      behalf.

      I am anxious to hear what you believe about sexual immorality. I tend to
      think that what I've been doing with the other guy I mentioned is not right,
      but I'm acting upon a lifelong desire for intimacy with another man.
      Here's the other concern, this guy has a live in BF, but he's seeing me when the
      BF is at work. Honestly, this guy is exactly the type of guy that's
      perfect for me, except for him having another BF. I do love this guy.

      Alan