Connecting

  • vandyche
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hey Guys:
      Haven't been on here for awhile. I survived Love in Action 1988 (Exodus/San Rafael, CA). Just wondering if there are any of my friends out there from the old daze. Doing some amazingly transformative work in regards to integrating my bisexual side.
      Here's the new contact info:
      Drew VanDyche (aka Drew Barrymore, Drucifer, Drewblood, Drewski)
      Berkeley, CA
      925-595-7305
    • Robert Cangelose
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
        Hi. My name is Robert and I'm from Dallas, TX. During my attempts at being ex-gay (1984-1991), I was making tentative plans on being a part of the LIA program in San Rafael, CA, in 1987. It didn't materialize because I had to have some difficult surgery which kept me from going. In retrospect, I am so glad I never did it. Knowing the way I am, I would have failed, moved to San Francisco, and lived a reckless lifestyle. God protected me from going, I believe. Thanks for letting me share my story.

        To: exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
          In a message dated 10/1/2009 12:10:07 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
          vandyche@... writes:

          Hey Guys:
          Haven't been on here for awhile. I survived Love in Action 1988
          (Exodus/San Rafael, CA). Just wondering if there are any of my friends out there from
          the old daze. Doing some amazingly transformative work in regards to
          integrating my bisexual side.
          Here's the new contact info:
          Drew VanDyche (aka Drew Barrymore, Drucifer, Drewblood, Drewski)
          Berkeley, CA
          925-595-7305

          Does this mean you got cured? <grin>
          Chuk

        • MrChuk@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009

            To: _exexgayministry@exexgayminisexe_
            (mailto:exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com)
            From: _vandyche@..._ (mailto:vandyche@...)
            Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 17:08:47 +0000

            Hey Guys:
            Haven't been on here for awhile. I survived Love in Action 1988
            (Exodus/San Rafael, CA). Just wondering if there are any of my friends out there from
            the old daze. Doing some amazingly transformative work in regards to
            integrating my bisexual side.
            Here's the new contact info:
            Drew VanDyche (aka Drew Barrymore, Drucifer, Drewblood, Drewski)
            Berkeley, CA
            925-595-7305

            Does this mean you are "cured" now?
            Chuk

          • John Brown
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
               I was  in Eureka from 1973- 1982 and with a church there that had a group from Love in Action come share with us in about 1978 -1979 from San Rafael. Out church had a center in Eureka New Life Center in Ridgewood Heights at the Old Assemblies of God campground.Rev. Charles John Peterson was the pastor. For awhile they were referring gays to us to help make them ex gay and we had several my self included who claim to be healed and no longer gay. In my case it was a sham but it would another 25 years almost before I could accept the truth about myself and finally came out as an openly gay man. The center lasted until about 1982 and then closed. As for most of the others I knew from the group, or those who stayed at the center I long since forgotten their names and the few I knew about after they had first left had gone back into the life style and I am not sure wanted anything to do with Christ or church. If any one know what I am talking about or was
              at the center in the time I was there 1976-1979 would love to talk with you. Or anyone just want to talk I am willing to talk with you. I am currently working in a gay affirming Catholic church and studying for the deaconate at the moment. So still going on with the Lord as an openly gay man. Anyway those are my memories of them

              God bless you all

              John W. Brown

              To: _exexgayministry@ exexgayminisexe_
              (mailto:exexgayministry@ yahoogroups. com)
              From: _vandyche@yahoo. van_ (mailto:vandyche@yahoo. com)
              Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 17:08:47 +0000

              _http://windowslive. http://windowhtt p://windowslihtt p://winhttp: //wihttp: //w
              indohttp://wihttp: /_
              (http://windowslive. com/Tutorial/ Hotmail/QuickAdd ?ocid=TXT_ TAGLM_WL_ HM_Tutorial_ QuickAdd_ 062009)

              Does this mean you are "cured" now?
              Chuk

            • nojam75
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
                Welcome everyone!

                I would be interested to know if John or Drew are familiar with Tanya
                Erzen's 2006 book Straight to Jesus
                <http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/10489.php> ? In it Frank Worthen
                recounts the founding of Love In Action and Exodus. I don't remember
                much details, but it was surprising to hear Worthen joked that LIA stood
                for "Lots of Action" due to numerous sex scandals in LIA and Exodus
                early days.

                The book also claims that Exodus was originally named "Free All Gays",
                but I have a hard time believing that.

                - Norm!

                --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, John Brown