Wow, TEN years!

  • nojam75
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2009
      Hello long lost members of ExExGayMinistry!

      I'm sending this special notice to acknowledge the group's TENTH
      anniversary. I hope this group has been of help over the years. I know
      it certainly helped me sort out my own ex-gay experience. I especially
      thank nyguy_1225 for moderating the group after I became a little
      burned-out.

      I know our group, like many Yahoo! groups, has been inactive. In fact,
      one of the ex-gay Yahoo! groups that our group was founded in response
      to recently discussed shutting down. Unfortunately, Yahoo! has not done
      much to promote or upgrade this service. However, I plan on keeping the
      group up for as long as Yahoo! supports this service.

      Fortunately, I'm glad that so many other online resources have been
      developed since 1999 for former ex-gays and gay Christians like Beyond
      ExGay <http://www.beyondexgay.com/> , The Gay Christian Network
      <http://www.gaychristian.net/> , Ex-Gay Watch
      <http://www.exgaywatch.com/> , Truth Wins Out
      <http://www.truthwinsout.org/> , Box Turtle Bulletin
      <http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/> , etc. The stories of many former
      ex-gays are getting out to counter the misleading and harmful messages
      of the ex-gay movement.

      As for me, much has changed since I founded the group. It took years to
      unlearn the harmful messages of ex-gay movement and religious
      fundamentalism, but eventually I rebuilt my identity and confidence. I
      met my partner at a UCC a few years ago. We recently got marr--, er,
      "domestic partner"ed and purchased our first home.

      I hope all is well with everyone. I would be interested in hearing
      updates from other members too.

      nojam75 | Nonspecific Blog <http://nojam75.blogspot.com/>