SINCERE CONCERN

  • Rex
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11 8:37 PM
      Dear Brothers:

      I have been on your list for quite some time and posted some a few years ago, asking questions and making comments, and just reviewed your list from time to time since.

      I was one of those who went through Living Waters, now over 10 years ago. I'm now 62, just retired, but I still am in good health and have a healthy sex drive.

      In my case, as with many of you, I was taught early on that homosexuality is sin, so I sought to have it driven out of me like a demon spirit. I married at age 29 to a wife who knew I had struggled with homosexual desire. We ended up having two wonderful kids that I wouldn't trade the world for, plus my wife is very supportive and I have no intention of ever leaving her or hurting her. However, I still want to have a much better feeling about my homosexual orientation. Not that I don't - at least much better than I did have. My experience with Living Waters actually ended up helping me, in the long run, if you can believe that - because it enabled me to get closer to feeling more comfortable around men. However, I've not ever had that Jonathan - David experience that I've longed for.

      Anyway, here's where you can help. Now that I'm retired, I want to again thoroughly examine what the Bible really teaches about homosexuality, or doesn't teach. If you have some books or opinions of your own to share, I'd be very happy to hear them.

      Many of you will say that you believe God wants you in a stable relationship with one man or one woman, regardless of your sex, if you follow how God created you. But what about the issue of bi-sexuality? If there are persons who really are bi-sexual, and using the argument many make - they could have been born that way, how does that enter into this discussion? Would God permit a relationship with more than one person?

      I look forward to your thoughts. Thanks

      Rex - Michigan
    • MrChuk@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11 9:06 PM
        Rex,
        Here's some resources that were a "God send" to me years ago when I was
        trying to balance my sexuality with the fundamentalist Christian teachings of
        my past.
        Keep us posted.
        Chuk

        _Thank a Homosexual for Your Bible_
        (http://www.libchrist.com/other/homosexual/kingjames.html)
        _Baptist Minister & Homosexuality: God Made Me Gay_
        (http://www.godmademegay.com/)
        _Homosexuality and The Bible_
        (http://www.lionking.org/~kovu/bible/toc.html)

        In a message dated 6/11/2009 10:38:10 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
        rexjoiner@... writes:

        _Was King James Gay?_
        (http://news.neilrogers.com/news/articles/2009011716.html)

[...]

        **************Shop Dell’s full line of Laptops now starting at $349!
        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221881320x1201406166/aol?redir=http:%2F%2
        Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215218036%3B37264217%3Bz)