Re: [ExExGayMinistry] How can I live like this?

  • MrChuk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2008
      You are NOT alone! Many of us have walked your path before you. God loves
      you "Just As I Am"... We are "all accepted in the Beloved". I hope these
      resources will help you. Hang it there. What you've been taught is not all the
      truth there is.... keep seeking...

      Chuck in Mississippi

      _Christian & Gay_ (http://www.spiritualfruits.com/homopages.html)

      _'Ex-Gay' Conversions_ (http://www.lionking.org/~kovu/bible/section10.html)

      _Homosexuality and The Bible_ (http://www.lionking.org/~kovu/bible/toc.html)

      _Conversion Therapy_ (http://burr.kent.edu/stories/m_praythegay.html)

      _Dispelling the Myths_
      (http://www.gaysouthafrica.org.za/homosexuality/dispel.asp)

      _Gay Christian Survival Group_ (http://www.gaychristiansurvivors.com/)

      _Cathedral of Hope_ (http://www.cathedralofhope.com/)

      _Baptist Minister & Homosexuality: God Made Me Gay_
      (http://www.godmademegay.com/)

      In a message dated 2/26/2008 6:28:29 P.M. Central Standard Time,
      mental_problem2000@... writes:

      Hello,
      My name is Paden. I am a black, 28 year old, homosexual. I dont
      see how I can live as a gay person. I want to die. I guess I believe
      in Jesus and God, but I dont think anyone can help me anymore. Why do
      I have to be gay? I didn't choose this, it chose me. Why do the
      churches hate us so much? Why does the bible condemn homosexuality?
      What does God think on the issue? Also, these ex-gay ministries, are
      they serious? I mean, can you change to become a heterosexual? I am
      just so tired of life, being a homo, feeling like a bad christian,
      and all the worries of being 28 and living at home... I just cant
      take it anymore! I wish I were dead because being a homosexual has
      brought nothing but pain to my life. I am a 28 year old virgin, I
      have never been with anyone before. I am alone. I dont fit into the
      gay community it seems, I admit though I havent seen much of it. Is
      it ok for me to like white men as a black gay man? That bothers me
      too. I just dont understand how God can be with me, yet I am in so
      much pain. I just dont want to live anymore. I am on anti-
      depressants, but they dont help anymore. I have tried psychatrists,
      drugs, praying, hope, etc, but nothing seems to work. It just seems
      to get worse and worse. Nothing seems to make me happy. Sigh, I guess
      I am just weary and tired of life in general. Any suggestions?

      ____________________________________
      Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. _Watch the video on AOL
      Living._
      (http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

      2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

    • rxr999
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2008
        This is an extreme example of how the struggles that Christian gays
        face can result in severe and irreparable harm to self and/or others.
        I never contemplated suicide, but I was in danger of losing my first
        job after college graduation. The fire of sexual passion burned so
        hot that it could be detected by handsome co-workers, without words
        or actions - just by my 'aura' or 'vibrations', or better
        still, 'radiation'. 'Radiation' is what happens when any object that
        gets hot enough starts glowing red - the heat can be seen. My
        youthful and forcefully suppressed sexual passion was 'hot' enough to
        visibly 'radiate!'

        I'm almost certain Paden has prayed to God many thousands of times to
        remove these passions, in good faith and believing this to be God's
        will. Once irreparable harm threatens, apply a common sense
        principle: [Romans 13:8-10] Once a situation develops such that, as a
        practical matter, one of two sins seems inevitable, [Romans 7:15-24],
        select the lesser sin. Any act it takes no faith to believe is wrong
        and sin (that is, it harms self and/or other humans) is greater than
        an act that DOES take faith to believe is sin. For a born again
        Christian to commit (or even consider) suicide negatively glorifies
        God VASTLY worse than gay sexual activity! (And even this concedes,
        for the sake of argument, that the Bible totally condemns all
        homosexual activity.)

        I could go on and on about this, especially reading about such
        extreme hellish anguish! But this is my first post, so other insights
        and thoughts will follow.

        --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, "mental_problem2000"