How can I live like this?

  • mental_problem2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2008
      Hello,
      My name is Paden. I am a black, 28 year old, homosexual. I dont
      see how I can live as a gay person. I want to die. I guess I believe
      in Jesus and God, but I dont think anyone can help me anymore. Why do
      I have to be gay? I didn't choose this, it chose me. Why do the
      churches hate us so much? Why does the bible condemn homosexuality?
      What does God think on the issue? Also, these ex-gay ministries, are
      they serious? I mean, can you change to become a heterosexual? I am
      just so tired of life, being a homo, feeling like a bad christian,
      and all the worries of being 28 and living at home... I just cant
      take it anymore! I wish I were dead because being a homosexual has
      brought nothing but pain to my life. I am a 28 year old virgin, I
      have never been with anyone before. I am alone. I dont fit into the
      gay community it seems, I admit though I havent seen much of it. Is
      it ok for me to like white men as a black gay man? That bothers me
      too. I just dont understand how God can be with me, yet I am in so
      much pain. I just dont want to live anymore. I am on anti-
      depressants, but they dont help anymore. I have tried psychatrists,
      drugs, praying, hope, etc, but nothing seems to work. It just seems
      to get worse and worse. Nothing seems to make me happy. Sigh, I guess
      I am just weary and tired of life in general. Any suggestions?
    • Shannon Cline
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 26, 2008
        this is the first step; being able to vent and share your feelings with others who are going through similar situations...I found a lot of healing and restoration and was able to reconcile my christianity with my lesbianism with the help I sought through God and I found a church that was accepting and affirming of the GLTB community...Also I go to support groups for coming out where i also get to be honest and open in a safe environment...also i went to a marriage and family therapist, who was gay and christian and was able to understand what I was going through...just don't give up and you will find hope!

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 26, 2008
          You are NOT alone! Many of us have walked your path before you. God loves
          you "Just As I Am"... We are "all accepted in the Beloved". I hope these
          resources will help you. Hang it there. What you've been taught is not all the
          truth there is.... keep seeking...

          Chuck in Mississippi

          _Christian & Gay_ (http://www.spiritualfruits.com/homopages.html)

          _'Ex-Gay' Conversions_ (http://www.lionking.org/~kovu/bible/section10.html)

          _Homosexuality and The Bible_ (http://www.lionking.org/~kovu/bible/toc.html)

          _Conversion Therapy_ (http://burr.kent.edu/stories/m_praythegay.html)

          _Dispelling the Myths_
          (http://www.gaysouthafrica.org.za/homosexuality/dispel.asp)

          _Gay Christian Survival Group_ (http://www.gaychristiansurvivors.com/)

          _Cathedral of Hope_ (http://www.cathedralofhope.com/)

          _Baptist Minister & Homosexuality: God Made Me Gay_
          (http://www.godmademegay.com/)

          In a message dated 2/26/2008 6:28:29 P.M. Central Standard Time,
          mental_problem2000@... writes:

[...]

          ____________________________________
          Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. _Watch the video on AOL
          Living._
          (http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

          2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

        • rxr999
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 10, 2008
            This is an extreme example of how the struggles that Christian gays
            face can result in severe and irreparable harm to self and/or others.
            I never contemplated suicide, but I was in danger of losing my first
            job after college graduation. The fire of sexual passion burned so
            hot that it could be detected by handsome co-workers, without words
            or actions - just by my 'aura' or 'vibrations', or better
            still, 'radiation'. 'Radiation' is what happens when any object that
            gets hot enough starts glowing red - the heat can be seen. My
            youthful and forcefully suppressed sexual passion was 'hot' enough to
            visibly 'radiate!'

            I'm almost certain Paden has prayed to God many thousands of times to
            remove these passions, in good faith and believing this to be God's
            will. Once irreparable harm threatens, apply a common sense
            principle: [Romans 13:8-10] Once a situation develops such that, as a
            practical matter, one of two sins seems inevitable, [Romans 7:15-24],
            select the lesser sin. Any act it takes no faith to believe is wrong
            and sin (that is, it harms self and/or other humans) is greater than
            an act that DOES take faith to believe is sin. For a born again
            Christian to commit (or even consider) suicide negatively glorifies
            God VASTLY worse than gay sexual activity! (And even this concedes,
            for the sake of argument, that the Bible totally condemns all
            homosexual activity.)

            I could go on and on about this, especially reading about such
            extreme hellish anguish! But this is my first post, so other insights
            and thoughts will follow.

            --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, "mental_problem2000"