A WorldNetDaily.com article from jayelle3@yahoo.com

  • jayelle3@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2006
      You have been sent this message from Jayelle
      (jayelle3@...) as a courtesy of WorldNetDaily.com
      (http://www.worldnetdaily.com).

      He's trying to do an imitation of a sane person now. It's not convincing
      me.

      To view the entire article, visit
      http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53425

      Tuesday, December 19, 2006
      The trouble with soy - part 2
      By Jim Rutz

      1:00 a.m. Eastern

      Last week's column ("Soy is making kids 'gay'") got a lot of attention -
      500 e-mails and three dozen media interview requests - because it
      blindsided the overwhelming majority of readers.

      Perhaps fewer than 10 percent of us are aware that soybeans are a hotly
      debated topic in medical circles today
      <http://www.iwantmeaning.com/response.html> . Soy products - eaten,
      drunk, and slipped into thousands of commercial products - are rightly
      being blamed for a horrendous variety of medical conditions, several of
      them nearing epidemic status and a few of them irreversible.
      Pediatricians and other doctors are starting to see a growing parade of
      patients suffering from serious symptoms that were quite rare just a
      generation ago.

      The shocking statements in my column produced much incredulity, the more
      so because I did not footnote or go into detail. I simply did not have
      room to introduce all the biggest problems with soy and do it in a
      scientific, footnoted format.

      I will make an attempt to compensate for that shortcoming in this column
      and the next few. To keep within the length limit, I will tuck footnotes
      and excess text into one continuous hyperlink. You'll have to click on
      each "footnote" <http://www.iwantmeaning.com/response.html> to see the
      column in full.

      Let's start here: The most common question of the past week has been,
      "If soy is so harmful as to potentially alter sexual physiology and
      behavior, why haven't the Chinese and Japanese all died off or become
      homosexual centuries ago?"

      Three interlocking reasons: Click here for the first two
      <http://www.iwantmeaning.com/response.html> . The third is that
      Orientals simply do not eat as much soy as Westerners think. The average
      daily consumption in Japan (one of the highest soy-consuming countries
      in Asia) is at most about eight grams of soy protein
      <http://www.iwantmeaning.com/response.html> . China and other countries
      eat far less.

      Soy has never been a leading staple there like rice, fish or pork. Even
      going back to the 1930s, calorie intake from soy in China was rarely
      more than 1.5 percent <http://www.iwantmeaning.com/response.html> of
      their diet, whereas pork provided 65 percent! No comparison.
      Traditionally, soy plants were plowed under in fields as fertilizer. Soy
      was a poverty food, eaten heavily only by the poor in times of famine.
      (Grazing animals don't like to eat it, either.) People have always eaten
      soy in small portions as a condiment or a supplement with a meal. The
      highest intake of soy in Japan is among monks, who eat it to turn off
      sexual desire. (Think about that the next time you're in the grocery
      store.)

      By comparison, the FDA has encouraged Americans to eat 25 grams of soy
      protein a day as a way to prevent heart disease. This FDA health claim
      has doubled the consumption of soy protein in the U.S., yet was recently
      discredited when the American Heart Association changed its position on
      soy <http://www.iwantmeaning.com/response.html> , now saying that soy
      does not lower cholesterol and does not prevent heart disease!

      You couldn't say that FDA opinions are for sale to the highest bidder,
      but they were influenced by a campaign and formal endorsement request by
      the soy industry, which includes giants like Monsanto, Archer Daniels
      Midland, Cargill and DuPont. When the mud hit the fan during the
      investigation period, the FDA quickly modified its stance, limiting its
      endorsement to just basic soy protein instead of the isoflavone
      (estrogen-mimicking) ingredients in soy. The problem with that is soy
      protein contains those dangerous plant estrogens. This is why two of the
      FDA's most distinguished scientists, Drs. Daniel Sheehan and Daniel
      Doerge, protested the FDA health claim in a public letter.

      If you think you don't eat much soy, think again. Though only 15 percent
      of us eat a mostly-soy product once a week, 55-70 percent
      <http://www.iwantmeaning.com/response.html> of all processed foods in
      supermarkets now have some soy in them. You can't escape it. Soybean oil
      accounts for a whopping 79 percent of the edible fats
      <http://www.iwantmeaning.com/response.html> used annually in the U.S.

      Health-conscious people are likely to eat the most. Even a moderate
      vegetarian or soy fan would think nothing of tossing down eight ounces
      of tofu, a quarter cup of roasted soy nuts and a glass of soymilk daily,
      and that's far, far more than any normal Japanese individual would be
      likely to consume.

      But the worst victims of soy are babies. Per kilogram of body weight,
      the average Japanese in 2000 ate 0.47 milligrams of soy isoflavones
      daily, while the average U.S. baby drinking soy formula got 6.25
      milligrams <http://www.iwantmeaning.com/response.html> . Isoflavones are
      testosterone-suppressing female hormones.

      What is that doing to their sex organs and their sexual orientation?
      Tune in next week. The story gets worse, much worse
      <http://www.iwantmeaning.com/response.html> .

      _____

      If you would like to sound off on this issue, participate in today's WND
      Poll <http://www.worldnetdaily.com/polls/> .

      © 2006

      _____

      Special offer:

      Read Rutz's latest book, "The Meaning of Life"
      <http://shop.wnd.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=1840>

      _____

      James Rutz <http://www.jimrutz.com> is chairman of Megashift Ministries
      <http://www.megashift.org> and founder-chairman of Open Church
      Ministries. He is the author of "MEGASHIFT: Igniting Spiritual Power,"
      <http://shop.wnd.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=1727> and, most recently,
      "The Meaning of Life." <http://shop.wnd.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=1840>
      If you'd rather order by phone, call WND's toll-free customer service
      line at 1-800-4WND-COM (1-800-496-3266).

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2006
        My Gawd... why does everyone feel they must find a reason for a gay
        orientation. I don't get it!
        Chuk

        In a message dated 12/19/2006 5:41:05 P.M. Central Standard Time,
        jayelle3@... writes:

        You have been sent this message from Jayelle
        (_jayelle3@..._ (mailto:jayelle3@...) ) as a courtesy of
        WorldNetDaily.) a
        (_http://www.worldnethttp://ww_ (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/) ).

        _http://www.worldnethttp://wwwhttp://www.wohttp://www.whttp://w_
        (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53425)

        Tuesday, December 19, 2006

        <_http://www.iwantmeahttp://wwhttp://wwhttp_

        each "footnote" <_http://www.iwantmeahttp://wwhttp://wwhttp_

        more than 1.5 percent <_http://www.iwantmeahttp://wwhttp://wwhttp_

        soy <_http://www.iwantmeahttp://wwhttp://wwhttp_
        (http://www.iwantmeaning.com/response.html) > , now saying that soy
        does not lower cholesterol and does not prevent heart disease!

        You couldn't say that FDA opinions are for sale to the highest bidder,
        but they were influenced by a campaign and formal endorsement request by
        the soy industry, which includes giants like Monsanto, Archer Daniels
        Midland, Cargill and DuPont. When the mud hit the fan during the
        investigation period, the FDA quickly modified its stance, limiting its
        endorsement to just basic soy protein instead of the isoflavone
        (estrogen-mimicking(estrogen-mimicking<WBR>) ingredients in soy. The prob
[...]

        milligrams <_http://www.iwantmeahttp://wwhttp://wwhttp_
        (http://www.iwantmeaning.com/response.html) > . Isoflavones are
        testosterone-testosterone-<WBR>suppressing fe

        Poll <_http://www.worldnethttp://wwwhttp:/_

        <_http://shop.http://shop.<Whttp://shhttp://shop._
        (http://shop.wnd.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=1840) >

        _____

        James Rutz <_http://www.jimrutz.htt_ (http://www.jimrutz.com/) > is chairman
        of Megashift Ministries
        <_http://www.megashifhttp:_ (http://www.megashift.org/) > and
        "The Meaning of Life." <_http://shop.http://shop.<Whttp://shhttp://shop._
        (http://shop.wnd.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=1840) >
        If you'd rather order by phone, call WND's toll-free customer service
        line at 1-800-4WND-COM (1-800-496-3266)l

      • Jayelle Wiggins-Lunacharsky

          Tuesday, December 19, 2006
[...]

          "Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality."--Carl Sagan

          http://crackerlilo.blogspot.com
          http://www.myspace.com/greeneyedlilo