This Sunday Night iqueer Gay TV.doc

  • Anthony Venn-Brown - Personal Coach
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2006
      FYI

      <http://rs6.net/on.jsp?t=1101422360669.0.1101277457148.1&ts=S0208&o=http://u
      i.constantcontact.com/images/p1x1.gif>

      Book Cover
      <http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs055/1101277457148/img/1.jpg?a=1101422360669

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      News News News

      ) <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/diag_corner_tr.gif>

      Broadband Internet iqueer TV - Sunday and on demand

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      in this issue

      * 1. This Sunday Night iqueer Gay TV

      * 2. Revised Second Edition of 'A Life Of Unlearning'

      * 3. Happy Birthday Freedom 2 b(e)

      * Help Required

      * Dont forget!

      Dear Anthony,

      This newsletter is sent periodically to readers of 'A Life of Unlearning'
      and people interested in creating greater understanding and acceptance. Your
      privacy is always respected and contact details are never sold or passed on
      to another person or organisation. If you'd like to be removed from this
      list or have these sent to another address then you can change details on
      the link at the bottom of this newsletter that says Update Profile/Email
      Address. Please forward this onto to others by using the link at the bottom
      of the page as well. Thanks for your help.

      DNA shot
      <http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs055/1101277457148/img/11.jpg?a=110142236066
      9>
      Anthony Venn-Brown

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      1. This Sunday Night iqueer Gay TV

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      This Sunday Night iqueer Gay TV is launching on the internet and I'm on the
      first show.
      Topic: Exgay Ministries
      Streaming begins 8pm Australian Eastern Standard time (UTC+10 hours). Or
      view at your leisure any time after that. Please spread the word and support
      the great new venture.

      iQ is current affairs with an interactive edge... each week the show will go
      behind the headlines and look at the issues as they affect us - with viewers
      as much a part of the show as the panelists!

      More information or to view
      http://
      <http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=6c5g5ybab.0.7eqe5ybab.7x9auubab.1&ts=S0208&p=http%3
      A%2F%2Fwww.iqueer.com.au%2Fdefault.asp> www.iqueer.com.au/default.asp

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      2. Revised Second Edition of 'A Life Of Unlearning'

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      Currently I'm working on a revised second edition of 'A Life of Unlearning'.
      I'm really excited about this as I feel I have so much more information
      these days. Facts - figures - additional insights. In many ways it will be
      far superior to the original and almost a different book. The additional
      final chapter will be an update of what's happened since the book came out
      and I will also be printing the five page letter I wrote to the National
      Executive of the Assemblies of God as a response to the emails you (my
      readers) sent me.

      When I originally wrote my story I felt that I was giving my readers
      everything. Strangely, this time I feel I have even more to give. I hope
      that you will enjoy the little snippets I'll be giving you over the next few
      months so you some idea what to expect. The second edition will be out in
      the shops in February. Audio versions and MP3 are still available on line.

      Here is a sample.

      Original Every year we took a four-week break over Christmas and spent at
      least some of that time on the Gold Coast-the friends I'd made there when I
      was preaching saw it as their mission to help us relax and enjoy ourselves.
      We'd arrive totally exhausted from the year's ministry and after days on the
      beach, nights eating out with our friends and visits to amusement parks, we
      would always return home refreshed and invigorated, ready to commence
      another year of service. I'll be forever grateful to those people and what
      they did for us.

      The scandals of the televangelists such as Jimmy Bakker and Jimmy Swaggart
      were very unnerving. Jimmy and Tammy Faye Bakker had totally lost the plot
      by creating a culture of incredible excess that could only have happened in
      America. I'd done everything to ensure my organisation had total financial
      integrity by putting all financial decisions in the hands of my board. The
      sexual accusations, though, were a different story. Jimmy Swaggart, who had
      preached so aggressively against immorality, pornography and homosexuality,
      was exposed as a person who regularly hired prostitutes. The revelations
      shocked the Christian world and made me a little nervous. Would I find
      myself one day in this situation and suffer the humiliation of exposure? I
      hoped and prayed not, but it was a sobering warning.

      Revised Second Edition

      Every year we took a four-week break over Christmas and spent at least some
      of that time on the sunny Gold Coast-the friends I'd made there when I was
      preaching made it their mission to help us relax and enjoy ourselves. We'd
      arrive totally exhausted from the year's ministry and after days on the
      beach, nights eating out with our friends, and visits to amusement parks, we
      would always return home refreshed and invigorated, ready to commence
      another year of service. I'll be forever grateful to those people and what
      they did for us.

      Watching the unfolding events of high profile US Christianity during 1986
      and 1987 was like watching episodes of 'Dynasty', 'Dallas' and 'Days of Our
      Lives' rolled into one. It began in 1986 with Jimmy Swaggart, feeling almost
      invincible, I guess, with his Baton Rouge empire and estimated $150 million
      per year ministry, revealing that fellow Assemblies of God minister Marvin
      Gorman had engaged in an extramarital affair with a parishioner. Marvin
      Gorman was defrocked by the Assemblies of God. Through his worldwide
      television ministry, Swaggart continued to decry the evils of pornography,
      prostitution and homosexuality, saying he was committed to creating a nation
      of righteousness and a holy church. In March 1987, it was revealed that
      Televangelist Jim Bakker had an affair with Jessica Hahn, a former church
      secretary and that Bakker had given her US $265,000 of the ministry's money
      to be quiet. In an interview on CNN with Larry King, Swaggart said that
      Bakker was a "cancer on the Body of Christ." Gorman wanted revenge, and
      hired a private detective to follow Swaggart; the investigator photographed
      Swaggart exiting a motel after having been with a prostitute. Gorman
      confronted Swaggart and told him he would have to come clean. After failing
      to do so, Gorman took the photographs to the Assemblies of God headquarters
      in Springfield, Missouri. Jimmy Swaggart, rejecting the two-year preaching
      ban (the same punishment he'd supported for Gorman), declared: "If I do not
      return to the pulpit this weekend, millions of people will go to hell." For
      his refusal to abide by their decision, Swaggart was defrocked by the
      Assemblies of God. The story finally hit the news on February 20, 1988 and
      the next day, on his television show, Swaggart tearfully confessed, "I have
      sinned", without, however, saying specifically what he had done. I tried to
      avoid watching TV that day as each newsbreak played that scene
      repeatedly-seeing it once made me ill, as if his confession was mine.
      Swaggart preached against the Assemblies of God for its 'unforgiving'
      stance, and the sordid saga continued with Swaggart getting caught again and
      facing law suits from Marvin Gorman. Swaggart also came into the spotlight
      again in 2004 during a televised sermon from his church in Louisiana.
      Speaking against gay marriage, Swaggart said, "I get amazed. I can't look at
      it but about ten seconds, at these politicians dancing around this, dancing
      around this -- I'm trying to find a correct name for it -- this utter,
      absolute, asinine, idiotic stupidity of men marrying men. I've never seen a
      man in my life I wanted to marry. And I'm gonna be blunt and plain; if one
      ever looks at me like that, I'm gonna kill him and tell God he died." His
      comments brought cheers, applause and laughter from his audience.

      Those two years of scandal shocked the Christian world and made me, and many
      other preachers with a secret, I'm sure, a little nervous. Would I find
      myself one day in this situation and suffer the terrible humiliation of
      exposure? I hoped and prayed not, but it was a sobering warning. More to
      come.......

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      3. Happy Birthday Freedom 2 b(e)

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      Its twelve months now since we launched the website and commenced our get
      togethers in Sydney and Brisbane. We had a fantastic celebration dinner in
      Sydney. We are possibly commencing groups in Melbourne and Canberra. If you
      would like more details please email me.

      freedom 2 b(e) is a non judgemental, safe place for people in or who have
      left Pentecostal/Charismatic churches to assist then on their journey to
      reconciliation.
      . SUPPORT - through a web based discussion group and monthly face to face
      meetings
      . EDUCATION - by providing balanced information on same sex attraction from
      a scientific, psychological and biblical perspective
      . DIALOGUE - intelligent, respectful dialogue with individuals, groups,
      churches or denominations to promote understanding and acceptance

      please email sydneyinfo@ <mailto:sydneyinfo@...> freedom2b.org
      Information about Brisbane meetings email Phil Wall brisbaneinf
      o@... <mailto:brisbaneinfo@...>

      <http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=6c5g5ybab.0.tnf6jxbab.7x9auubab.1&ts=S0208&p=http%3
      A%2F%2Fwww.evolutionpublishing.com.au%2Fsxnews%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_co
      ntent%26task%3Dview%26id%3D669%26Itemid%3D37> Read more here

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      Help Required

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      Over the next few months I'll be asking if you'd like to assist in promotion
      and creating awareness. It will usually be something simple like sending an
      email, spreading some information throughout your network or making a call.

      This month

      Does your local library have audio books?
      Do they have a copy of 'A Life of Unlearning'?
      Find out what the procedure is to request additions to the library.
      Could you ask them to get a copy in?

      Thanks for your help.

      <http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=6c5g5ybab.0.jich5ybab.7x9auubab.1&ts=S0208&p=http%3
      A%2F%2Fwww.audible.com%2Fadbl%2Fsite%2Fopenplayer.jsp%3FBV_SessionID%3D%40%4
      0%40%401576495236.1159496079%40%40%40%40%26BV_EngineID%3Dcccdaddimhlgjmjcefe
      cekjdffidfij.0%26popUp%3Dfalse%26productID%3DBK_BOLI_000211%26title%3DA%2BLi
      fe%2Bof%2BUnlearning%2B%28Unabridged%29> Listen to Chapter 1

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      Dont forget!

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      Don't forget to forward this on to others by using the link at the bottom of
      the page.

      Thanks and have a great week.

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      Quick Links...

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/spacer.gif>

      *
      <http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=6c5g5ybab.0.ev7g9ubab.7x9auubab.1&ts=S0208&p=http%3
      A%2F%2Fwww.freedom2b.org%2F> Freedom 2 B(e)

      *
      <http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=6c5g5ybab.0.fv7g9ubab.7x9auubab.1&ts=S0208&p=http%3
      A%2F%2Fwww.freedom2b.org%2FphpBB2%2F> Freedom 2 B(e) Online Community
      -Support - Information - Dialogue

      *
      <http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=6c5g5ybab.0.p5kinvbab.7x9auubab.1&ts=S0208&p=http%3
      A%2F%2Fwww.planetout.com%2Fsupport%2Fmedia.html%3Ffile%3D%2Ftwo%2Ftwo2006050
      8.rm> This Way Out Radio Interview

      *
      <http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=6c5g5ybab.0.kda5wubab.7x9auubab.1&ts=S0208&p=http%3
      A%2F%2Fwww.anthonyvennbrown.com> Anthony Venn-Brown - Internationally
      Accredited Coach

      *
      <http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=6c5g5ybab.0.jda5wubab.7x9auubab.1&ts=S0208&p=http%3
      A%2F%2Falifeofunlearning.blogspot.com%2F> Anthony Venn-Brown Blog

      *
      <http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=6c5g5ybab.0.ju685ubab.7x9auubab.1&ts=S0208&p=http%3
      A%2F%2Fwww.anthonyvennbrown.com%2Fbook.html> Download Chapter 1 "The
      Confession" free

      *
      <http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=6c5g5ybab.0.jich5ybab.7x9auubab.1&ts=S0208&p=http%3
      A%2F%2Fwww.audible.com%2Fadbl%2Fsite%2Fopenplayer.jsp%3FBV_SessionID%3D%40%4
      0%40%401576495236.1159496079%40%40%40%40%26BV_EngineID%3Dcccdaddimhlgjmjcefe
      cekjdffidfij.0%26popUp%3Dfalse%26productID%3DBK_BOLI_000211%26title%3DA%2BLi
      fe%2Bof%2BUnlearning%2B%28Unabridged%29> Listen to Chapter 1 "The
      Confession"

      *
      <http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=6c5g5ybab.0.7ich5ybab.7x9auubab.1&ts=S0208&p=http%3
      A%2F%2Fwww.audible.com%2Fadbl%2Fentry%2Foffers%2FproductPromo2.jsp%3FBV_UseB
      VCookie%3DYes%26productID%3DBK_BOLI_000211> Download MP3 of 'A Life of
      Unlearning'

      email: <mailto:anthony.venn-brown@...>
      anthony.venn-brown@...

      phone: 61 2 9699 2448 or 0416 015 231

      web:
      <http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=6c5g5ybab.0.kda5wubab.7x9auubab.1&ts=S0208&p=http%3
      A%2F%2Fwww.anthonyvennbrown.com> http://www.anthonyvennbrown.com

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/diag_corner_bl.gif>

      <http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/diag_corner_br.gif>

      Click here to forward this email to someone you know would
      <http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1101277457148&ea=anthony.venn-b
      rown%40psalifecoaching.com&a=1101422360669> like to recieve this
      information