Re: [ExExGayMinistry] Ex-gay book coming out

  • Jent Lynne
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 29, 2006
      --- Jayelle Wiggins-Lunacharsky <jayelle3@...> wrote:
      > The title alone is a bad way to start. It's only those who dislike LGBT
      > people who use "the homosexual."

      Yup, it's like calling someone a "Negro" instead of "Black" or
      "African-American". It doesn't HAVE to mean something bad -- but 95% of the
      people who use it are being (intentionally or unintentionally) disrespectful
      and downgrading.

      Jent

      "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." -Albert Einstein

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 30, 2006
        Jayelle,

        I'll wait until I can get the book used. Make sure you tell us the
        juicest parts.

        Norm!

        --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, Jayelle Wiggins-Lunacharsky
        <jayelle3@...> wrote:

        > This is gonna be fun, I can tell. You can pre-order now, if you
        have money to waste.

        > God's Grace And the Homosexual Next Door: A Guide to Overcoming
        Barriers And Misunderstandings, Getting to Know the Real Person,
        Offering God's New Life

        > Written by Alan Chambers, president of Exodus, and other Exodus
        employees.

        > The title alone is a bad way to start. It's only those who
        dislike LGBT people who use "the homosexual."

        > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0736916911/sr=8-
        1/qid=1156794526/ref=sr_1_1/104-6733308-9547935?ie=UTF8

        > Blessed be,
        > Jayelle
        >

        > "Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the
        main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of
        wisdom."--Bertrand Russell

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 30, 2006
          Hey! I didn't say *I* had money to waste! You read about a redneck woman and a Russian woman winning the Powerball yet? I assure you, that's the only circumstance under which I'd pay money for this!

          However, I may try inter-library loan when it comes out.

          Blessed be,
          Jayelle

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 31, 2006
            LOL! Sorry, I misunderstood.

            I live/work near Powells.com main bookstore and occassionally see
            used ex-gay books in the 'sexually healing' part of the Christianity
            section. I always wonder what the story is behind someone's
            decision to sell their ex-gay book to Powells.