What I am, OUT SPOKEN

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12 6:02 PM
      I also want to welcome Andy and anyone else who has not had a taste of my comments. I
      do not bother with labels like progressive or liberal because I switch sides as I agree or
      disagree with things. Some would say I am a fence sitter. I call myself an independent.

      However, with regard to the things that really matter, I am a born again, Spirit filled,
      Charismatic, gay Christian who has been an Ex-Gay but am now reconciled to Christ and I
      practice Love, Acceptance, and Forgiveness.

      I find 12 step programs intersting, having participated in two during my Ex-Gay life, both
      Homosexuals Anon, and Sexual Addicts Anon. However once I found the Ex-Ex-Gay life, I
      gave up SAA (HA had already disappearred) I will not go into my thoughts on either.

      I liked the question Russell raised at the end of his post and that is the reason for my
      coming back out of the woodwork to comment again. "I have used both terms in
      describing myself, but it's not clear to me what the difference is."

      IN MY MIND, both terms are ways to separate one person from another, to point out the
      differences, to set up the rights from the wrongs, my side from your side. What I find
      more interesting are the things that both sides have in common. In my mind, as long as
      we have differences, we are going to have homophobia.

      Love you the way you are
      Accept you the way you are
      Forgive you the way you are.
      Larry
    • Andy Spedden
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14 11:29 AM
        I remember some (fundie) radio show, "Unshackled"...it had this eerie organ music...anyway, they did this show about Sy Rogers (since his name was mentioned in a recent e-mail)...and I heard this show when I was about 11-years-old, and it spoke, in a way, to my borrowing my sisters' dresses, etc., dressing up, etc., which was for fun of course but had I ever been caught, oh the horror! Anyway...that particular episode of "Unshackled" was as much of an omen for me as was the fact that my first pet was a gerbil...now go figure THAT one out!

        (evil laughter)

        Andy So

        Larry <dadheniso@...> wrote:
[...]

        Although a leopard cannot change its spots,
        who are we to say its Creator cannot?
        SO
        "tell it to the hand with the hole in it"
        http://www.myspace.com/so_so_so