RE: [ExExGayMinistry] Re: A question for the group

  • Robert Cangelose
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 20, 2006
      My name is Robert and I live in Denver, CO. I'm a 45 year old gay Christian
      male. I would like to respond to this question. It might not be popular
      but I feel I'm not alone in my opinion.

      There have been a number of times that I've wished not to be gay because of
      the unfair treatment, bigotry, and trauma served to me because of my
      orientation. I've had a longing in past to be accepted by my peers to be
      straight and be married so I could fit in the so-called society norms. The
      harder I tried to be ex-gay, the more I went in the opposite direction
      seeking the love of another man through various sexual encounters. I am
      now in therapy and part of my work is fully embracing and accepting who I
      am. It still surprised me to find I still had some internalize homophobia
      toward myself.

      To truly accept God's love for me means to also accept that He made me gay.
      I am heading in that direction internally. I'm also working through the
      damage done to me by well-meaning Christians who thought I had to change my
      orientation to be acceptable to God.

      All of this sounds harsh, but I did want to make my point known. Thanks for
      listening.

      Robert