Re: [ExExGayMinistry] Let me introduce myself

  • Nathan Figueroa
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 16, 2006
      I agree.

      Larry, I'm so sorry that people have been rude to you on this list. I'm sorry that people felt the need to presume both your intentions and convictions.

      I'm glad you had the courage to share your experiences. It has made me challenge my own assumptions about people who are different from me.

      And I hope the undeserved and unrequested criticism you have received here does not deter you from sharing your experiences in the future.

      Peace,

      - Nathan

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 16, 2006
        Larry,

        We are all "odd ball"s. Despite my name, I would hate to be
        considered "normal". So, please don't misunderstand that we are
        attacking your uniqueness.

        I will admit that I do take issue with your description of your
        fetish as a "ministry". That term is particularly sensitive in this
        group since most ex-gay groups also proclaim themselves
        as "ministries" (not to mention this group too). The "ministry"
        term implies that ministry leaders endeavor to demonstrate God's
        love and sincerity and not cause further harm.

        Although you seem to say that your "spanking" practice is not
        necessarily sexual, you also acknowledge that it is a fetish (or you
        identify yourself as part of the fetish community). An action does
        not have to be sexual in order to be harmful, unhealthy, or
        inappropriate. The authority figure role you place yourself in and
        your disturbing view of minors, also raise questions to me about
        your sincerity.

        This may sound passive-agressive, but I don't mean to attack you.
        This is a discussion group and we all have different viewpoints and
        will probably disagree with each other on issues. I don't know much
        about the fetish community and you're the first person I've heard
        who connects fetish and faith. So, thank you for sharing and I hope
        you're not offended by all the questions.

        Norm!

        --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <dadheniso@...>
        > Yes, I am an odd ball. But I know there are men out there who are
        > hurting and need to be accepted as they are. Men who come to me
        > because I will give them the spanking that they need, for what
        > ever reason they need it. Someone they can trust. I speak of my
        > ministry. Perhaps it is the wrong word. I think of myself as a
        > lay minister to be used by God.
        >
        > The funny part is that I do not enjoy spanking.
      • Larry
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 16, 2006
          This group is exactly what I was looking for. A place where I could be myself, gay. I relaxed and let my hair down. Suddenly I wondered if I was really out to the clutches of the EX-Gay crowd. Shouts of "Child Abuser" and you know what else, sounded just like what I had heard from the EX-GAY crowd demanding that I quit being Gay.

          I wondered if I had fallen into a group of wolves in Sheep's Clothing.

          Now I realize that God sent me to shake the cobwebs out of this group. (Wait until some of you read that) I really believe that God was behind the creation of this group calling itself one of His Ministrys. But you must have become complacent in your advocacy or God would not have brought you to my attention and lead me to join it.

          Perhaps I am naive to believe that God can use me to improve this group. I have a question for the leaders of the group. How many have joined in the last period of time only to drop back out? Do you ask those who leave "Why are you leaving? What can we have done to make the group important enough to you for you to have stayed??

          As to members having been rude to me when I first joined, there are some who would not understand my belief on this. St Paul told me to expect it. So did Jesus. Don't believe me, read what they both said to those who would follow them, about being a witness.

          But I am here to Love, Accept, and Forgive, including the members of this group, I am glad to be a member. Hope I get to know you all better, in discussion.
          Larry