Hello

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 4, 2006
      I would like to introduce myself. My name is Larry Rogers and I am an Ex-exGay, Born
      Again, Spirit Filled, Charismatic, Reconcilled to Christ, Christian. I am Gay, 62, active in
      otk spanking of men and being a Daddy to men who are hurting in Minneapolis,
      Minnesota, USA. I practice a ministry of Love, Acceptance, and Forgiveness based on Jerry
      Cook's book by the same name. I am active in my inclusive Lutheran Church whose
      straight members know that I am gay. I practice The Power of the Blood based on the
      teachings of H.A.Maxwell Whyte in his book by the same name. Now these books
      suppliment the Bible in my life. Recently the Spirit as brought yet another book into my
      life I would like to recommend, "Miracle Hour" by Linda Schubert ( http://www.linda-
      schubert.com ). I want to point out that I have no financial interest in any of these books,
      only that they have had profound influences in my life. Miracle Hour for example, teaches
      a very simple method of prayer life.

      I was glad to see that you have included Dr Rembert S Truluck's materials in your links
      because my AOL hometown page "Hugs of Love Ministry" has been listed on his site for
      many years. I have more information about my personal walk and links to my sites on
      http://www.geocities.com/dadhen43/dadhen_page.html

      I found a site that I believe is excellent and I would encourage you to examine and even to
      add it to your links
      http://www.godmademegay.com/

      Recently I decided to try expanding my Hug of Love Ministry, reaching out to the gay who
      has lost contact with his church by starting a discussion group on Yahoo called
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hugs_of_love/

      Now I like to give credit to where credit is due. I found your group through a link on a
      group that I joined (that had advertized on another group that I moderate.)

      One last thing before I get off my soap box. I am an active Gay Male. I live in Minneapolis,
      Minnesota and am willing to write or meet with any man who is struggling with the issues
      of being gay and being a child of God. You will find the story about what allowed me to be
      free in my testimony. But in a nutshell, a clergy person told me:
      God creates both left handed and right handed people. Now the right handed people try
      to make left handed people write and use their right hands. But a left handed person
      using his or her right hand, is still a left handed person inside.
      God creates both gay and straight people. The straight person can try to make you have
      sex like a straight person, but you will still be a gay person.
      If God had not wanted left handed people or Gay people, he could have created them all
      right handed and straight. If God wants you to be Gay, be Gay. It is only sin if you are
      suppose to be straight and act Gay. So I asked her about the bi-sexual person. She said
      to me, have you never heard of ambidextrous people who can use either hand equally well.
      If God can create an ambidextrous preson, why not an ambisexual person.
      In all things that you do, be true to yourself. Live as God intended you to live, but do it as
      the Golden Rule says.
    • greenakakay07
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 7, 2007
        I just wanted you to know I have never been a part of an ex gay
        ministry, though struggling through the same feelings many of you have,
        but am a member of Soulforce.Org These people are actively against
        these types of therapies for gay people. The founder went through the
        same thing as many of you and is a minister and founded this
        organization and has written books about the religious right and anti-
        gay ministries, Dobson and the family and is very knowledgeable about
        these things.
        Also there are gay affirming churches too. We have a forum where we
        discuss many issues from gay rights, to exgay ministries and we help
        and support and affirm each other.. If you need help I'm sure that many
        of the members will be willing to reach out to you.
        http://www.soulforce.org
        What has troubled me is some of the postings by some of you who have
        suicidal feelings.. Please go to this website and feel free to talk to
        people on the forum or contact soul force ,they may be able to refer
        you to someone who can help you. You are not alone in this..There are
        people there who will love and accept and support you for who you are.
        And there are people there who know what you are going through and
        have been there.