Re: [ExExGayMinistry] a negative aspect of same sex attraction which doesn't come from outside

  • Jayelle Wiggins
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2005
      I just add that if you have a strong sense of yourself and what you're interested in, people who are also interested in those things, of all sexualities, will come to you. I am also bi; I have met bi and gay friends in groups that are not specifically bi or gay just by being my own self. People at work, people who also love to swim and surf, people who also love animals, people who love Sinead O'Connor and hip-hop music as much as I do. It may help to look not for "other gay people" or "other bi people," but "people I enjoy being with" and "things that I enjoy doing." Shoot, maybe one of those straight friends could have a gay friend or brother they'd like to fix up or something, you never know!!!

      Blessed be,
      Jayelle

      Robert RigbyJr <rrigbyjr@...> wrote:
      You are looking in the wrong places. My life is filled with gay lesbian and trans friends who don't play games with me, but love me and fill my life. Try a sports club, or an activist group, or a religious group, or a social group, or a charity group, a social service organization, or somthing like that. I don't know where you live, but here in DC we have a vibrant community focused on shared interests and friendships (as well as social service and political activism) that is about much more than the scene. Spend some time on line looking, and I bet you'll find something in your area.

      Robert

      ccpr76 <ccpr76@...> wrote:
      As said in previous posts, I have both same sex and opposite sex
      attraction. My same sex attraction is probably stronger.

      One thing which makes me feel at odds with my same sex attraction is
      NOT friends, NOT family, NOT religion, NOT society. In fact, all my
      friends and family have been very supportive towards me.

      The thing which made me pursue reparative therapy is the gay scene
      itself. It seems to be a sad lonely place full of self-centered people
      who want nothing more than to play stupid sick games with your mind.
      Originally, I thought I was simply looking in the wrong places but it
      seems to be the same everywhere. Even a gay affirmative group admitted
      the scene was like this.

      How does one resolve this?

      "If I were God, I would be suing a lot of people for libel."--Sinead O'Connor

      http://www.livejournal.com/~princesswitch - political
      http://crackerlilo.blogspot.com - personal