Re: anyone here experience a change in orientation

  • ccpr76
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 28, 2005
      --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, "tmapj" <tmapj@h...> wrote:
      > has anyone here actually experienced a, if at least temporary,
      change in orientation?

      I have experienced what felt like fluctuations in my orientation at
      various times in my life. Earlier this year, I went through prayer
      ministry and experienced a temporary period of euphoria around my time
      of Baptism thinking "I'm healed of same sex attraction!" only to
      discover a few weeks later that nothing had changed.

      Long before I even knew of reparative therapy, I would get the
      occasional heterosexual fantasy. Even to this day, I sometimes get a
      heterosexual fantasy.

      It is possible that these fluctuations are nothing more than an
      expression of bisexuality. In a world which is predominantly straight
      or gay, bisexuals sometimes feel under pressure to conform to one or
      the other. This can contaminate our thinking to the point where we
      think in terms of gay or straight - one day, I'm in gay mode, tomorrow
      I'll be straight. When we think like this, it can get very confusing
      when our affection "changes sides" or runs in parallel.
    • Scott Russell
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 28, 2005
        No, can't say that I have. I dated a few women while in my ex-gay phase, and enjoyed there company, but NEVER felt sexually attracted to them. I guess I always hoped I might get to the point where I would be able to have sex with women and actually enjoy it...

        BTW, for whatever reason, both of the women I ended up seriously dating (for several months) turned out to have lesbian tendencies themselves... I'm not sure why we were drawn to each other, but I think the friendship went very deep because we "shared a secret." Of the completely hetero women I dated, one (the most "pretty" of the lot) eventually asked me if I really "liked girls." LOL

        There was never even a glimmer of sexual attraction with any of them, just philial companionship. I guess that makes me a Kinsey 6... ;)

        tmapj <tmapj@...> wrote:
        has anyone here actually experienced a, if at least temporary, change
        in orientation

        Bible pc study Bible Bible felt Audio bible Bible study Bible course online

      • Christine
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 28, 2005
          My friend Peterson Toscano (an ex-ex-gay) recently wrote a post about the spouses in
          these marriages (people who are "ex-" gay who get married to opposite sex partners.
          Thought it seemed applicable here, so here's the link: http://a_musing.blogspot.com/
          2005/11/what-about-spouse.html

          I myself have not known anyone to have a change in orientation, only a change in their
          behaviors. Most consider it a "lifelong" struggle against temptation, even if they do end up
          marry someone of the opposite sex. Sad, in my opinion, for everyone involved.

          --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, "tmapj" <tmapj@h...> wrote:

          > has anyone here actually experienced a, if at least temporary, change
          > in orientation

        • Joe-Allen
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 28, 2005
            Boy, is this guy really confused!

            "A temporary change in sexual orientation?" Well, I supposed that could happen to a person who thinks he is exclusively heterosexual and no other sexual orientation, and he experiences a physiological sexual attraction, only one time, toward another person who is the same sex/gender as he is.

            Or, that could happen to a person who thinks he is exclusively homosexual and no other sexual orientation, and he experiences a physiological sexual attraction, only one time, toward another person who is NOT the same sex/gender as he is.

            Joe-Allen Doty farmer Milk-cow boy