anyone here experience a change in orientation

  • tmapj
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 28, 2005
      has anyone here actually experienced a, if at least temporary, change
      in orientation
    • ccpr76
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 28, 2005
        --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, "tmapj" <tmapj@h...> wrote:
        > has anyone here actually experienced a, if at least temporary,
        change in orientation?

        I have experienced what felt like fluctuations in my orientation at
        various times in my life. Earlier this year, I went through prayer
        ministry and experienced a temporary period of euphoria around my time
        of Baptism thinking "I'm healed of same sex attraction!" only to
        discover a few weeks later that nothing had changed.

        Long before I even knew of reparative therapy, I would get the
        occasional heterosexual fantasy. Even to this day, I sometimes get a
        heterosexual fantasy.

        It is possible that these fluctuations are nothing more than an
        expression of bisexuality. In a world which is predominantly straight
        or gay, bisexuals sometimes feel under pressure to conform to one or
        the other. This can contaminate our thinking to the point where we
        think in terms of gay or straight - one day, I'm in gay mode, tomorrow
        I'll be straight. When we think like this, it can get very confusing
        when our affection "changes sides" or runs in parallel.
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 28, 2005
          I have yet to hear anyone, ex-gay or ex-exgay, describe themselves as
          ever actually changed their sexual orientation. Most ex-gay promoters
          I've heard of eventually admit to retaining some same-sex attraction.

          I'm not sure how a "temporary" change in sexual orientation would
          work. If a change in sexual orientation is temporary, wouldn't it be
          considered a hetero-fetish phase or bi-sexual period?

          Certainly, history is full of stories of gays and lesbians who have
          gone through heterosexual sexual experiences, attractions, and even
          hetero-marriage. However, I don't think anyone would promote these
          experimental hetero-marriages as ideal.

          - Norm!

          --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, "tmapj" <tmapj@h...> wrote:

          > has anyone here actually experienced a, if at least temporary, change
          > in orientation

        • Scott Russell
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 28, 2005
            No, can't say that I have. I dated a few women while in my ex-gay phase, and enjoyed there company, but NEVER felt sexually attracted to them. I guess I always hoped I might get to the point where I would be able to have sex with women and actually enjoy it...

            BTW, for whatever reason, both of the women I ended up seriously dating (for several months) turned out to have lesbian tendencies themselves... I'm not sure why we were drawn to each other, but I think the friendship went very deep because we "shared a secret." Of the completely hetero women I dated, one (the most "pretty" of the lot) eventually asked me if I really "liked girls." LOL

            There was never even a glimmer of sexual attraction with any of them, just philial companionship. I guess that makes me a Kinsey 6... ;)

            tmapj <tmapj@...> wrote:
            has anyone here actually experienced a, if at least temporary, change
            in orientation

            Bible pc study Bible Bible felt Audio bible Bible study Bible course online

          • Christine
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 28, 2005
              My friend Peterson Toscano (an ex-ex-gay) recently wrote a post about the spouses in
              these marriages (people who are "ex-" gay who get married to opposite sex partners.
              Thought it seemed applicable here, so here's the link: http://a_musing.blogspot.com/
              2005/11/what-about-spouse.html

              I myself have not known anyone to have a change in orientation, only a change in their
              behaviors. Most consider it a "lifelong" struggle against temptation, even if they do end up
              marry someone of the opposite sex. Sad, in my opinion, for everyone involved.

              --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, "tmapj" <tmapj@h...> wrote:

              > has anyone here actually experienced a, if at least temporary, change
              > in orientation

            • Joe-Allen
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 28, 2005
                Boy, is this guy really confused!

                "A temporary change in sexual orientation?" Well, I supposed that could happen to a person who thinks he is exclusively heterosexual and no other sexual orientation, and he experiences a physiological sexual attraction, only one time, toward another person who is the same sex/gender as he is.

                Or, that could happen to a person who thinks he is exclusively homosexual and no other sexual orientation, and he experiences a physiological sexual attraction, only one time, toward another person who is NOT the same sex/gender as he is.

                Joe-Allen Doty farmer Milk-cow boy