Re: Yahoo homo page art: you be the judge

  • Korry Korry
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 24, 2005
      --- Jayelle Wiggins <jayelle3@...> wrote:
      > But Korry, I have one small quibble. Why stereotype
      > guys based on whether they're artistic or not?
      > Especially since Blackshear's paintings say so much
      > for him? There really are straight artistic guys
      > and
      > queer aesthetic philistines.
      >
      > Blessed be,
      > Jayelle

      I loved your response, Jayelle, but with regards to
      the quibble, it's just that ex-gay ministries make
      such a big deal about the stereotypical gay childhood,
      with the proto-gay child not playing basketball with
      the guys but rather staying at home drawing pictures
      (sounds like my childhood), that I thought it peculiar
      that Mr. None would recommend Blackshear's bio page
      and not notice that. But then Mr. None doesn't notice
      anything the least bit kinky about the picture he
      picked to represent his homo nomo mission.

      Yahoo! Mail Mobile
      http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
    • Jayelle Wiggins
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 24, 2005
        Ah. Put that way, what you said makes a great deal of
        sense. Consider me quibble-less.

        Blessed be,
        Jayelle

        --- Korry Korry <korrykorrykoan@...> wrote:
        > I loved your response, Jayelle, but with regards to
        > the quibble, it's just that ex-gay ministries make
        > such a big deal about the stereotypical gay
        > childhood,
        > with the proto-gay child not playing basketball with
        > the guys but rather staying at home drawing pictures
        > (sounds like my childhood), that I thought it
        > peculiar
        > that Mr. None would recommend Blackshear's bio page
        > and not notice that. But then Mr. None doesn't
        > notice
        > anything the least bit kinky about the picture he
        > picked to represent his homo nomo mission.

        "No American, no human being, should have to give up her or his difference in order to be treated equally under the law."--Evan Wolfson, Why Marriage Matters

        http://www.livejournal.com/~princesswitch

        Yahoo! Sports
        http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
      • Write Bare
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 24, 2005
          But hen so would Jesus' allowing the beloved disciple to recline upon his breast, wouldn't it?

          Norm <nojam75@...> wrote:Yes, I also think the Blackshear painting is a little homoerotic. At
          first glance it seems Jesus is feeling-up some young white guy.
          Admittedly, it's an unfair criticism and immature observation, but it
          is what it is.

          Knowing the strict restrictions ex-gays place on physical contact (ex:
          "a-frame hugs only"), I wouldn't be surprised if such man-on-man
          contact would be prohibited at an ex-gay ministry.