Intro!

  • myironlung78
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2005
      Hey,

      I'm new to this group, and wanted to introduce myself. I'm 27, i live in NYC... i'm a
      christian who has a passion for the arts, and for community, leadership, and good health
      (even tho i smoke haha tho i am tryin to quit)

      I used to be on the ex-gay bandwagon for a while, and a lot has changed since then. I'm
      starting to wonder if God really cares whom i choose to love. I have a deep respect for
      the ex-gay world, that although, it didn't make me straight, it helped me work on a lot of
      my baggage... and i feel more like i'm entering the world of men-loving-men as a man...
      and not as a boy, like i feel many do. i think for some it has worked... and maybe it has
      to do with God's purpose for them... for me, i know God wants me somewhere else.

      I guess what i thought was wrong with homosexuality, is just what i found wrong in
      people in general... because i saw just as much of the boy-ish immaturity in the ex-gay
      world, as in the world they criticized.... i'm realizing it's not about being gay or not - but
      being a man.

      I've been estranged from my God for a long time as I've been refactoring my world-view,
      and one of my goals these days is to live a more integrated life. I miss the love of God... I
      believe it's possible, I just have years and years of opposing messages to sift through, but
      slowly things are changing.. and it rocks.

      I'm lookin to meet other men in the area for good times, chillin out, challenging and
      lasting relationships. I definitly wanna meet guys who take care of themselves, mind,
      body, and soul... and know who they are... as i've come to know myself.

      Feel free to say hey or shoot me an email... take care