Re: [ExExGayMinistry] Digest Number 371

  • Kenbear
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2004
      Chris, Brother! Thank You for the very warm and Brotherly greetings
      and "Open Arm" reception....this is of course so different from the
      reception that i received from the gay-hating churches, and even the
      ex-gay ministries, themselves.... sometimes i rather morosely think
      that i just wasn't "purdy" enough for 'em! lol.... it was a strange
      coincidence that all the newbies in the year-long-live-in-program at
      L.I.A. in SanRafael were just "so pretty/young/etc" and i was a big
      fat bald old late 30's something that just didn't offer them their
      (management's/leadership's) "cheat appeal" ....i hafta rather rye-ly
      and ruefully observe!!!! ....ahem (see how i go off on tangents???!!!)

      Somebody SLAP me!

      I have added you to my personal chatlist and welcome both public
      on-list communiques and private offlist e-fellowship!

      hey ya'all here,everybody!: I'm in Michigan: Southeast: Metro Detroit
      Suburban.... how about a "rollcall" of locations from willing
      listmembers, if this is permissible?

      To all Godspeed, and Happy 2005, as it encroaches upon us all!

      In Jesus:
      -Ken Lee, SE Lower MI

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 14:15:32 -0000
      > From: stryped_tigger
      > Subject: Re: new member hello
      >
      > Hello Ken,
      >
      > I would love to share experiences about the "ex-gay" stuff and get to
      > know ya (as much as possible online). Feel free to email me privately
      > and/or chatting me up on YM (under stryped_tigger). I welcome you
      > here with open arms and hope that you find this to be a positive place
      > to be.
      >
      > God bless you, brother!:)
      >
      > Chris
      > --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <kenbear@g...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Howdy All:
      > >
      > > I am a new Member here (or should i say new memBEAR?) I went through
      > > a whole decade of the Exodus-member groups including the former Jack
      > > Hickey ministries in Wyandotte Michigan, and also the famous
      > > ("infamous"?) L.I.A./Church of The Open DoorExodus in San Rafael,
      > > Marin Coounty, CA... this decade was from 1980-1990....
      > >
      > > I'm sure i'll free to share more as i read your posts and settle in,
      > > so to speak...
      > >
      > > -Ken in MI
    • stryped_tigger
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 28, 2004
        Ken,

        I'm glad that you liked my greetings and are open for discussion. I
        know how you feel. I was too bald and fat for them too but then
        again, you should see some of the trolls that they "fell"
        with....make a fly puke on a gut wagon!:-&

        I hope to be able to talk with you soon. I have a friend in Grand
        Rapids that is an ex-gay minister. Let's just say that we don't
        talk much anymore since I came out. He was "disappointed" but ya
        just gotta be who ya are and I'm totally FABULOUS!!!!! Gosh! I'm
        such a drag queen at heart ;)

        BTW, my partner and I live in Portland, OR ;)

        Chris