Hi everyone

  • Chat Mate
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2004
      Hi Everyone.

      I am new to this group. I hope I am in the right place to get some insights
      into my self. I am Christian and I have been in love with a man. He is
      straight and now married with children. I don¹t dwell on it. I don¹t hate
      women, socially or even sexually ­ I just have never been in love with one.
      I constantly think about being in the arms of a loving man. I have had a
      couple of boyfriends, and it did not feel right to go ³all the way². I now
      live celibately. I rationalise this on the basis that Christ accepts all
      ³sinners² but not the ³sin², or if not a sin, then something which has no
      purpose in terms of creative design. If I was really honest, I would admit
      that I really do want to have sex, but with a man I love and who loves me.
      After this somewhat convoluted introduction, my question is: Is homosexual
      love-making ³right²? Can it be blessed by God? I need to sort this out
      before another man comes along. I don¹t want to sabotage a relationship on
      the basis that I want a celibate union out of fear, in denial of the fact
      that what I really want is to shag my brains out with him. LOL The only
      time I have experienced guilt-free physical interaction is when I truly
      believed I was in love for life with an ex-boyfriend. It was beautiful but
      it didn¹t work out. Afterwards I felt that I had done the wrong thing by
      not waiting to be sure that he was the one. Which brings me to my next
      question. Is there such a thing as THE ONE in homophilic unions? I would
      appreciate any insights.

      Love,
      Chat.

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2004
        Hi Chat:

        Welcome. You covered a lot of tewrritory in your post. As
        indicated on our home page, most of us here agree with the growing
        number of Bible scholars and theologians who believe that Christian
        hostility towards homosexuality and homosexual relationships rests
        entirely on an interpretation of the Bible that in many respects is
        open to question. It is for this reason that growing numbers of
        Christian leaders and lay people alike are becoming increasingly
        unconvinced by the conventional exegesis of the proof-texts that
        have been cited to support the traditional anti-gay evangelical
        position.

        Like most of us, I too used to believe that a homosexual orientation
        was contrary to God's creation plan and that homosexual desire and
        practice deviated from God's ways. My understanding as to why a
        person has this orientation was based on the assumption that
        homosexuality originates from underlying causes which need healing,
        that God made us heterosexual, and that maturing to become
        heterosexual should be the reasonable expectation of any person who
        is "seeking first the Kingdom of God" (Matthew 6:33).

        Though the arguments sounded convincing enough, as I studied the
        Bible in more depth my views on this began to change. The primary
        passages on which Christians who believe any and all expressions of
        homosexuality are sinful, base their arguments (often
        called "clobber passages"), are Genesis 19:1-11, Leviticus 18:22
        (repeated in Leviticus 20:13), and Romans 1:18-32. Since we've
        discussed these passages in some depth here, you may wish to begin
        by reviewing some of our older posts for yourself:

        -- The Sodom Story (Genesis 19): see post #3158
        -- The Abomination (Leviticus 18-20): see posts #3212 and #3215
        -- Idols and Consequences (Romans 1:18-32): see post #3142

        Feel welcome to use the group as place to dialog as you seek truth,
        clarity and compassion on this matter.

        -Alex

        --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, Chat Mate <chatm84u@y...>