Well, Rev. 10, I don't know....

  • ViscountEdwards
    Message 1 of 2165 , May 22 11:37 PM
      ...what "glory" you think I supposedly am
      after.<br><br>Simply look at the facts. Paul, the former Saul of
      Tarsus, was a physical torturer of people. After his
      great epiphany, he seemed to delight in gettting a
      physical beating himself on occasion. He came up with
      horrendously sexist messages on the role of women. He was a
      life-long bachelor himself. He repeated on a number of
      occasions that it was "better not to marry." He bemoaned
      some secret sin that "makes me an unhappy man and is
      taking this body to hell." And he spent an inordinate
      amount of time railing about other peoples' alleged
      sexual pecadillos. <br><br>Does that sound like a
      well-adjusted character to you?<br><br>But in any case, what
      has any of it to do with me personally? How is this
      self-glorifying?<br><br>Is it simply that it frightens you to have the false
      teachings which you have accepted without question pulled
      out from under you? Are you afraid of having to think
      for yourself, and question authority? Do you not want
      to be the captain of your own soul?
      Message 2165 of 2165 , Aug 10, 2003