Instead of gay are you G0Y?

  • Drew VanDyche
    Message 1 of 5 , May 27, 2004
      I wanted to give you information about an interesting group that I
      have found that some of you might find some use in.

      http://geocities.com/g0yz/initialize.htm

      It's for those males who don't identify as gay and don't practice
      anal sex, but acknowledge loving relationships between men. Just
      curious as to your thoughts.

      Drew
    • xaipete_adelphe
      Message 2 of 5 , May 28, 2004
        Actually, the pretty well fit my definition of gay: "The ability to
        fall in love with members of the same sex." After all, I'm not gay
        out of sexual desire alone. I mean, that's a big part, but I also
        bond emotionally only to men in most situations. I've had good
        friendships with a girl, though its been quite a while. I was once
        truly in love with one years ago at band camp. Not sure if it would
        have lasted (one of those spur of the moment things). Yet, deep down
        I crave affection from a man. Just how I am.

        I love the Lord. He's given me the Holy Spirit and Peace in my heart
        through my Faith in Jesus Christ. It is hard to get around the New
        Testament passages, but those who receive the Spirit have already
        been granted "repentance unto life" in their Faith. Oh well. All I
        know is my partner was with me when I got the Holy Ghost (he was
        driving the car).

        I alo do detect a little homophobia in some of the stuff they're
        saying, or at least a deep repulsion at the idea of anal sex.
        Perhaps, but I really don't see why that one act is so unclean when
        they're discussing all the other sex acts possible. Yet, I'll admit
        this WAS the early rabbinic interpretation of Leviticus (no
        connection with idolatry, but rather with mixing of kinds). In other
        words, Gentile converts could play with all the boys/guys they wanted
        as long as no penetration took place.

        I commend them. They're brave. The gay community will never, ever,
        ever accept them into its arms, at least not swiftly. The
        Conservative Christian community will be just as slow, as they'll
        label them the same pariahs as us. Masculine intimacy is taboo in
        our society. I mean, it really is. In certain contexts its sweet--
        no dry eyes between the love of Sam and Frodo. The church needs this
        more than any other organization (I don't mean the sex, but the
        connections). Friendship is one of the greatest gifts to men given
        by God, its also intimately connected to marriages (that work). When
        the Church gets over its moral indignation and starts loving people
        again, we'll see a lot of our rebellion and problems go away. Gay
        people can't help how they feel. Men repulsed sexually by women are
        just that way. God can surely heal them, but we shouldn't tempt God
        by putting burdens on the necks of men that others don't have to bear
        (ie, don't make a gay man hold to celibacy or someone he's not
        sexually attracted to when you yourself go to home to your lovely
        wife every night).

        I could probably do well with that group. Sex-sex has never been a
        big deal to me. It is the intimacy I crave. I still think they're
        real--and I mean real--judgmental about gay men who do engage in it.
        I mean, what's the true difference? Sex is sex or so I thought?
        We'll have to see, though. Oh well.

        Anyone else's opinion?
      • dixibehr@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 28, 2004
          In a message dated 5/28/04 3:12:52 PM, jwbrashe@... writes:

          > Actually, the pretty well fit my definition of gay: "The ability to
          > fall in love with members of the same sex."  After all, I'm not gay
          > out of sexual desire alone.  I mean, that's a big part, but I also
          > bond emotionally only to men in most situations.  I've had good
          > friendships with a girl, though its been quite a while.  I was once
          > truly in love with one years ago at band camp.  Not sure if it would
          > have lasted (one of those spur of the moment things).  Yet, deep down
          > I crave affection from a man.  Just how I am.

          I read what they said.

          It's interesting, but it's also obvious that the founder of this sight is
          laboring under the usual minconceptions abuot gay men.

          I had a discussion with an old time, RC priest whowas told that anal
          intercourse was "the defining act" and you weren't really homosexual unless you did
          that.

          I pointed out that, contrary to what many heterosexuals think, this is
          acutally a MINORITY practice among gay men, and there are some who just flat out
          refuse to do it!

          <<Yet, I'll admit
          this WAS the early rabbinic interpretation of Leviticus (no
          connection with idolatry, but rather with mixing of kinds).  In other
          words, Gentile converts could play with all the boys/guys they wanted
          as long as no penetration took place.>>

          Actually, ther ewas never any belief in Judaism that the comandments of
          Leviticus were ever obligatory on the goyim! There still is not today, beyond the
          "Law of the Sons of Noah," which is basically stated in Acts 15.

          And my udnerstanding tht the interpretation of Genesis 19 giving the sin of
          Sodom as homosexuality was something the Crusaders brought back with them from
          the Moslems; Muhammed was the first one to do so (despite the words of Ezekiel
          16:49).

          Of course, if Genesis 19 means that all homosexual acts are sin, then the
          parallel story in Judges 19 means that all heterosexual acts are sin. Nobody
          seems to think of that.

        • Bob Griffith
          Message 4 of 5 , May 29, 2004
            A whole lot of anti-homosexual/ex-gay people make a point of being against
            "homosexual practice," as Robert Gagnon states in the title of his book.
            The assumption is that all gay men engage in anal-sex, and as the website
            states anal-sex is the definition of homosexual/gay to many people. I
            read a "conservative" commentary pertaining to Romans 1 a good while back.
            The author stated unequivocally that homosexuality is wrong, but at the
            end of the piece he states that really all that can be condemned is anal
            intercourse between men.

            I guess this demonstrates that not all gay men are interested in
            intercourse, which is fine with me. I wonder whether there would be many
            anti-homosexual people who might make this kind of distinction? I could
            even say that I'm "ex-gay" using these definitions and still be in a
            relationship with another man! G0Y it is.

            Bob
          • Scott Cruse
            Message 5 of 5 , May 29, 2004
              Yeah, I found the G0Y website a might homophobic, too.

              To me, it sounds like they're gay, but don't want to be seen as gay or think of themselves as gay. I don't fit in much with the "gay lifestyle" either, but don't consider it necessarily wrong or evil. (But it could be, just as a promiscuous straight lifestyle could be.) The same with anal sex, which seems to be their biggest issue.

              Frankly, who really cares? If people are acting out of love and taking the necessary precautions, what difference does it make?