More Wedding Pictures from Multnomah County OR

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2004
      It's been an exciting week here in Portland. The Tuesday afternoon
      decision by the Multnomah County Commission came without any warning
      to people on both sides of the issue. And yet, couples waited
      overnight at the county offices to be the first to obtain marriage
      licenses Wednesday morning.

      More than 1200 marriage licenses were issued in only three days
      (breaking San Francisco's one month record, BTW). The churches I
      attend, MCC Portland and First Unitarian, were overwhelmed with
      marriage ceremonies these last couple of days. MCC Portland's Rev.
      Glenna Shephard performed over 100 weddings. It's been quite
      amazing.

      Wedding Pics:

      http://www.basicrights.org/20002-marriagepics.htm

      http://www.oregonlive.com/galleries/news/index.ssf?gaymarriage

      In addition, I heard Wayne Besen, author of the Anything But
      Straight, speak at MCC this morning. He did a great overview of ex-
      gay ministries and how the religious right is using them to fight
      against gay marriage.