Re: Ex-gay group lead's e-mail and yahoo

  • redruss66
    Message 1 of 2165 , May 5, 2000
      well now i cant resist,<br><br>you are far from
      the fisrt to have been banned,deleted and or censored
      on that one particular group.<br>A great many gay
      christians and gays in general have been.<br><br>I so agree
      with your asumptions that their "charter" states an
      inaccurate supposition that they will allow gays into their
      forum,they do...but only for "help",if a gay person says
      anything against the leadership in debate or statement
      they will be removed..you must realize that your
      desire to see them "act christian" where their tos is
      concerned is only because of the extreme trouble that
      ensued after their "past" behavior" was exposed to many
      cult and gay activist groups as to their
      tactics,during this time yahoo management was informed of the
      rough and intense tactics used in a gay christian
      catagory by an anti-gay club,after much trouble and much
      retuning of their forum to quiet the rage and also to
      abide more fully with yahoo rules on club placement and
      hate speech/descrimination...exgay mens ministry
      changed their charter many times over a month or
      two...ending with the "front page" inclusion of the statement
      you mentioned "you are welcome here even if you are
      homosexually active"..this was done to apease yahoo terms of
      service as this meant they were not inappropriatly
      catagorized and therefore could remain in this "gay christian
      catagory"...of course its directly opposed to their
      actions..(banning and deleting) but as long as they claim it then
      yahoo wont spend much time investigating it....after
      reading several of your posts on this subject i thought i
      would give you the history as to better your
      understanding of why their forum letter reads that way...as
      some here could tell you,crosswalk.com ran by a
      severly anti-gay group use to be advertised on each of
      our clubs in this catagory...during this furvor over
      their club this was succesfully removed from this
      catagory as yahoo agreed it was inappropriate for this
      catagory to display advertisements from this
      organization...this also prompted exgaymens ministry to redo their
      welcome letter and tone down their behavior..I.E. you
      will rarely see that forum advocating gay= mental
      illness called ssa any longer.<br><br>Hope this clarifys
      a little why you see such behavior and why your
      desire to see them behave more appropriatly to their tos
      Message 2165 of 2165 , Aug 10 6:51 PM