Kerruso

  • epiko2222
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2003
      Hey,

      Can anyone give me an update on Michael Johnston/Kerruso (sic)
      ministries situation? Don't mean to be lazy but I can't find info
      anywhere. I thinks this shows that the ex-gay movement isn't making
      news anymore.

      Mike
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 19, 2003
        He seems to be keeping a low profile. The last I heard was that
        Johnston may be in a residential program. I haven't heard anything
        about criminal charges or civil lawsuits from former sex partners he
        exposed to HIV. Here's Wayne Besen's August news release:
        http://www.anythingbutstraight.com/news/pr8-6-03.html

        The ex-gay movement has not been in the headlines very much lately.
        Paulk, Johnston, and Besen's new book may have made them shy. Also,
        it seems the political religious right doesn't feel the need to use
        the ex-gay movement at this time. Treating homosexuality as a
        sickness doesn't seem to fit into their "defending marriage"
        campaign.

        Norm!

        --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, "epiko2222" <epiko2222@y...>