Re: [ExExGayMinistry] Re: Another Messy Scandal Rocks "Ex-Gay" Movement

  • dixibehr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 17, 2003
      In a message dated 8/17/03 12:24:14 PM, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > Quite the contrary, the evidence
      > does not support it.

      Are you saying that homosexuality, AS AN UNCHOSEN ORIENTATION, is a
      comparatively recent thing?

      Seems to me that even Plato suggested otherwise in SYMPOSIUM.

    • dixibehr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 17, 2003
        In a message dated 8/17/03 12:24:14 PM, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

        > who are more
        > learned in Scripture than you and I will ever be -- and they
        > wholeheartedly and categorically disagree with you.

        I supposed there will always be more learned persons than either of us in any
        discipline.

        However, I DO have a doctrate in divinity, OK?

        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 17, 2003
          I think I made the point relatively clear in post #2932 as well as
          in numerous other posts on this board in the past where the works of
          several renowned scholars and historians were quoted.

          -Alex

          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 17, 2003
            I know people who have a doctorate in divinity who are atheists and
            I know doctors with medical degrees who are quacks. What's your
            point?

            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 11, 2003
              --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, dixibehr@a... wrote:
              > My point is that just as measles and mumps and redheads and
              chickens always
              > exists (at least since the beginning of recorded history), so did
              homosexual
              > orientation, even though it wasn't recognized as such, or even
              given a name
              > until 150 years ago or so.

              Considering what has been called the "fluid" nature of sexuality,
              exactly WHAT is a homosexual? Are you considered a homosexual when
              you are 30% straight and 70% gay? Are you considered homosexual when
              you are 20$% straight and 80% gay? How about if you are 90% gay but
              you still get a thril at a nice boob or pair of female legs?

              What we label 'homosexual" is more subjective then objective!

              D*
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 11, 2003
                --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, dixibehr@a... wrote:

                > In a message dated 8/17/03 12:24:14 PM, no_reply@yahoogroups.com
                writes:
                > > Quite the contrary, the evidence
                > > does not support it.
                >
                > Are you saying that homosexuality, AS AN UNCHOSEN ORIENTATION, is a
                > comparatively recent thing?

                It is a subjective moniker. There are few who would honestly say
                that they never have a twinge at the opposite sex.

                It is a objective as the testimonies of those who claim to be Ex-gay.
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 12, 2003
                  <<Considering what has been called the "fluid" nature of sexuality,
                  exactly WHAT is a homosexual?...>>

                  I think homosexuality can best be defined as the naturally occurring
                  ability to fall in love with a person of the same gender rather than
                  with anyone of the other gender. As such, and as any straight
                  person would know from their own experience of heterosexual
                  orientation, it cannot be reduced to a matter of genital nerve
                  ending stimulation and body parts. It's the same un-asked-for
                  experience for heterosexuals and homosexuals; only in the former
                  case the person of affection is of the other gender and in the
                  latter case the person of affection is of the same gender.
                  Experientially, it's the very same core need, the very same gift of
                  God. It's about an involuntary enthusiasm of romantic response in
                  the presence of someone seen as wonderfully "other," as mystery, as
                  precious differentness from one's own sense of self, as
                  complementary beloved. And it's about a deep longing for that
                  person in his or her absence. It is a lack that nothing but the
                  beloved can supply.