Re: [ExExGayMinistry] Re: Ex-Gay!!!

  • Rusty Morris
    Message 1 of 41 , May 20, 2003
      This is beginning to sound like FREE RECRUITMENT SPACE....noone would be allowed to make such a "this group is about" post on EXMM...they would banned immediatly.

      This person is a subtle as...well...we know

      This post was as well as the last one was a subtle recruitment post. It would not be allowed there.

      R.

      Message 41 of 41 , Jun 8, 2003
        --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Modawell"
        <smod1@y...> wrote:
        > Paul this site has its postings open to the public... anyone can
        read
        > them. I would not have joined such a site if I had not read so many
        > posting about how exgay ministries did not work... I just wanted to
        > give a balanced account of how some do work...

        So work in what way? Are you now heterosexual? Most ex-gay
        ministries and ministers who preach the ex-gay message promote that a
        gay person will become heterosexual and marry and begin a family.

        Please tell how your ex-gay ministry "do work???" Please be specific.

        >what I have learned is that I DO NOT HAVE
        > TO BE QUEER TO LIKE GUYS...

        Please define "QUEER" as you are using it.

        > Because I was abused as a child by men... I grew up believing the
        > only way for me to be close are accepted by another male was to
        have
        > sex with him....

        So you admit that you were molested as a child and for the past few
        decades, you have been hanging around a group of alcoholic,
        promiscuous drug-users!!! All of this has NOTHING to do with being
        gay. You have been living a destructive lifestyle.

        > As for being in denial... I was in denial for 35+ years because I
        let
        > someone tell be what I was or what I should be... only now am I
        > completely happy with who I am and what path I have chosen....
        > Just as I have respect for those that do not feel a need to
        change...
        > respect guys like me who do feel a need for change...

        If you were not gay, then you are not an ex-gay.

        > I have had one guy from this site in the Dallas area already want
        > check out our group... we will love and support him for the person
        he
        > is... nothing more... nothing less....

        I had a friend over 20-years ago whom I did not know was gay. After
        graduating from high school, he came to live in Dallas and eventually
        became involved in an ex-gay ministry. The ex-gay leader of this
        group "put the make" on him and they became a couple. Last I heard,
        they were living together as a couple somewhere in the Orlando area.