RE: [ExExGayMinistry] Re: Ex-gay!!??

  • Jackie Y
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2003
      Steve,

      I am sorry to hear about your loss. I understand what you mean about
      scripture centered worship possibly turning you off. I know it has done
      that to me in the past. I have come to find out that some of the
      song/choruses that we sang were kind of away from what the bible was
      saying.....Lift Jesus Higher (crucify Jesus), is just one of those
      examples, first, talking about his crucifiction and not "lifting up" as in
      talking about him as I was taught. Also, he said he would draw all men unto
      himself, and if I remember correctly, the churches I attended didn't believe
      that one bit, fully believing that most of man kind would end up in hell.

      I also have found great comfort in knowing that Jesus is called the "Word of
      God" and he always can be worshipped despite what we understand or
      misunderstand about the bible.

      I hope you are finding healing for what has happened to you and to your
      partner...that is so sad, i have lost an uncle and an aunt to suicide
      (brother & sister) and I know how hard that can be on the survivors.

      Peace to you,

      Jackie