Re: Gagnon Book

    Message 1 of 42 , Jan 26, 2003
      --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, nyguy_1225 <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > Great quote, Bob! I also like this one from R.C. Sproul, quite
      > applicable to our discourse as well:
      >
      > "If God speaks, he must use words to do so. Words express thoughts,
      > commands, descriptions, and the like. The problem is that words and
      > sentences must be interpreted if they are to be understood. It is
      > far more than a matter of translation, for while translation gets
      at
      > what God says, we are still left with the question of what God
      > means."

      I think one passage is fairly clear on what God meant when it was
      written in response to a question. It is Matthew22:37-40...
      "And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL
      YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'

      "This is the great and foremost commandment.

      "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'

      "On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."

      That sounds pretty clear to me!

      D*
    • stephanie anderson
      Message 42 of 42 , Feb 21, 2007
        Hey I would be willing to talk to you, but I live in Oklahoma. So is this a sample from only New York?

        steph