Change of sexuality

  • mikeylonuk
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7 7:51 AM
      Thanks for sharing this. I could not agree with you more. Here in the
      UK, I am involved with a group called Integrity. We exist to help
      people who have been damaged by the 'ex-gay' movement. Change in the
      vast bulk of cases is not possible and we should stop advoating it
      and defending it. God has made us who and what we are and it is about
      time we rejoiced in that.

      Yours in Christ,
      Mike Dark
      on behalf of Integrity Europe
      Tel: 020 8245 1865 or 07714 278865
      EMail: integrity_europe@...
      Web: http://www.integrityuk.org
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7 3:12 PM
        Thanks for your note Mike. I'm familiar with Integrity. It's nice
        to hear from a brother on the other side of the pond! As a UK-er
        you're no doubt then familiar with the ministries of Dr. Roy
        Clements and Jeremy Marks. Roy was for 20 years senior pastor of
        one of Cambridge, England's leading evangelical churches. He was
        also one of Britain's most popular preachers and teachers, a much
        sought after conference speaker both inside and outside of Europe
        and a widely read author. A few years he came to terms with and
        chose to be honest about being homosexual. I know Roy personally
        and it's easy to understand why he's long been considered one of the
        best expository bible teachers in the English language.

        Jeremy Marks, for 14 years the leader of the "ex-gay" movement in
        Britain, now says: "I no longer believe in the ex-gay message."
        According to Jeremy, "the assumptions underlying the ex-gay approach
        simply don't stand up in the long term." Now Jeremy, and his
        Courage Trust ministry, has the courage and trust to be truthful.
        There, the focus is now on realistic support for Christians who are
        gay instead of trying to "change" their unchangeable sexual
        orientation. Marks acknowledges that his own homosexual orientation
        has never changed and that he's never seen anyone else's change in
        some 15 years in "ex-gay" work in Exodus. He well asks: "Have we
        been praying the kind of prayer God wants to answer?" That's the
        question only a strongly-committed Christian can afford to ask.
        It's a question of deep faith and trust in the God who is asked.
        Both men are brilliant, solid men of God who each have web sites
        chock full of rich material including links to their publications,
        essays, Bible commentaries, sermons and other resources.

        --- In exexgayministry@y..., "mikeylonuk" <integrity_europe@h...>
        wrote:
        > Thanks for sharing this. I could not agree with you more. Here in
        the
        > UK, I am involved with a group called Integrity. We exist to help
        > people who have been damaged by the 'ex-gay' movement. Change in
        the
        > vast bulk of cases is not possible and we should stop advoating it
        > and defending it. God has made us who and what we are and it is
        about
        > time we rejoiced in that.
        >

        > Yours in Christ,
        > Mike Dark
        > on behalf of Integrity Europe
        > Tel: 020 8245 1865 or 07714 278865
        > EMail: integrity_europe@h...
        > Web: http://www.integrityuk.org
      • DavidPlunkett
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7 3:42 PM
          I really appreciate you, NYguy_1225, for your wealth of knowledge.
          Do you know the websites of Dr. Roy Clements and Jeremy Marks? I
          would love to learn more about them.

          In Christ,
          David Plunkett
          http://www.msnusers.com/graceonline
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7 6:25 PM
            Jeremy Marks' (Courage Trust Ministries) web site URL is:
            http://www.courage.org.uk/

            Roy Cements' web site URL is:
            http://www.royclements.co.uk/

            Both sites contain a treasure chest of well-written, thought-
            provoking and biblically sound articles, essays, and the like. You
            may wish to begin at Roy's site with "Why Evangelicals Must Think
            Again about Homosexuality" and "Letter to Michael" (found under the
            Essays link). They raise some particularly poignant and timely
            points. But lots and lots of other goodies can also be found on
            both sites.

            --- In exexgayministry@y..., "DavidPlunkett" <davidplunkett@y...>