Re: tony the tigger - love you!

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2002
      --- In exexgayministry@y..., scottssherwood <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > tony
      >
      > i think, reading all your postings, and gleaning the sentiment of
      the
      > replies i can safely sum it up by saying....
      > "the group looked towards tony and gave a large collective yawn".

      This guy attempted to start a group/club about ex-gays living for
      Jesus. I don't think it ever had more than him as a member. I can't
      find the club now on clubs or groups.

      > hey all! i'm 34, found jesus in september last year. an ex-drug
      > taking go-go dancer, i'm more interested in finding out about
      Jesus'
      > love than people's hate. more interested in developing my faith
      than
      > combating vitriol.

      So...tell us why you became a believer? In religious terms,
      give us your testimony!
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2002
        Scott,

        If you live in London you'd do well to get in Touch with Jeremy
        Marks and Courage Trust Ministries. Jeremy and his Courage Trust,
        has the courage and trust to be truthful. There, the focus is now
        on realistic support for Christians who are gay instead of trying
        to "change" their unchangeable sexual orientation. After many years
        of leading the largest Exodus-based "ex-gay" ministry in England,
        Jeremy some time ago came forward to acknowledge that his own
        homosexual orientation has never changed and that he's never seen
        anyone else's change in some 15 years in "ex-gay" work in Exodus.
        Needless to say, his coming forward to proclaim the truth turned out
        to be quite costly for him. But he well asks: "Have we been praying
        the kind of prayer God wants to answer?" That's the question only a
        strongly-committed Christian can afford to ask. It's a question of
        deep faith and trust in the God who is asked.

        His web site is at http://www.courage.org.uk and is contains with
        some very fine reading material. Do check out some of the articles
        under his "Our Literature" link. I know Jeremy well, have great
        respect for him and His walk with God and would recommend him to you
        quite highly. In addition, he is quite the Bible scholar and one
        of the most humble and gracious people I know. If you're anywhere
        near his ministry, you're in for quite a blessing!