Re: New Founders Message

  • nojam75
    Message 1 of 2165 , Jan 1, 2002
      >>>> ...my faith is based on Jesus
      teachings, not necessarily on the Bible itself.<br>>>
      I�m not sure that these two are mutually
      exclusive.<br><br>My point is that I would like to view myself as a
      follower of Jesus, not necessarily a follower of the
      Bible. Too often in fundamentalism, the Bible is treated
      like a golden calf of the faith. Fundamentalists
      justify their faith solely on the ability to trace their
      faith to some out-of-context passage. This is why
      "biblically-sound" terminology irks me. Maybe I'm reading too much
      into the term, but it sounds like we are upholding the
      Bible more than its authors intended such writings to
      be viewed. <br><br>>> And what is this �truth�
      that some people suppress? It is a revelatory
      knowledge of God; a knowledge that every human being is
      given. It's kind of like a microchip that God implants
      inside each and every single one of us that we may know
      that He is. Yet some people chose to suppress it.
      God", but I don't know if people necessarily choose to
      suppress this knowledge. I suspect that many people do not
      feel enabled or worthy to follow their "revelatory
      knowledge of God". Again, in fundamentalism Christians are
      often expected to biblically justify their faith in
      God. So what takes precedence: "revelatroy knowledge
      of God" or Biblical doctrine? And are either
      infallible? <br><br>- Norm!
      Message 2165 of 2165 , Aug 10, 2003