Re: goodbye

    Message 1 of 2165 , Nov 30, 2001
      Hey Kip, <br>Glad you got through the first
      couple of links. You made some good points and I can see
      you have a tender heart and truly want to seek after
      God. I have great respect for that and I know God
      honors attitudes like yours. Would like to respond to
      some of your points but I am on the way out of the
      house right now. Hopefully I'll have some time over the
      weekend.<br><br>In the meantime you may be interested in knowing
      that the leader of one the national Christian
      ministries devoted to helping gay Christian people integrate
      their faith and their sexuality (the stand that I
      personally believe is most biblical, logical and healthy)
      knows Tony Campolo quite well. They�ve been friends for
      many years. Interestingly, when Tony encounters gay
      Christians who are struggling, he sends them to this
      ministry where they�ll learn to integrate a conservative
      Christian faith with responsible homosexuality (again, my
      personal stand and position). Tony does not send them to
      an Exodus-based ministry, where they�ll try to thump
      it out of them. That lets you know where his heart
      really is. Personally, I think the only reason Tony
      hangs onto the Romans 1 passage (as in the transcript)
      is he knows that if he publicly takes a strong stand
      (as do I and his wife Peggy) his national financial
      support which feeds his ministry will dry up. Dr. Lewis
      B. Smedes, however, a man with of impeccable
      reputation, addresses the Romans 1 passage quite eloquently
      and fully in his essay. God bless, bro.
      Message 2165 of 2165 , Aug 10, 2003