Re: Charisma Magazine

  • neil_in_philly
    Message 1 of 2165 , Jun 30, 2001
      I read the articles and they're right on target.
      Just like people who are pro-choice believe that
      everyone (who has already been born) has a choice when it
      comes to bringing a unborn child into the world,
      everyone else has a choice also! If people can choose
      their gender by being transgendered, why can't people
      choose not to be gay? Everyone has homosexual tendencies
      to one degree or another - it's not black and white
      like the Christian fundamentalist's and the Christian
      liberals believe. In Joshua 24:15, God spoke through
      Joshua saying, "choose you this day whom you will
      serve." It is a choice!<br><br>When I became a Christian,
      I asked God - no one else - if being homosexual was
      His will. He showed me in Scripture that He gave
      woman to man for the two to become one. Jesus confirms
      that position in the New Testament. Even gay
      Christians use the model of "two." If they didn't, why
      wouldn't a relationship with three or more, or with one's
      parent, sibling or child be acceptable? <br><br>We need
      to take the entire Word of God - the canon - as
      God's entire revelation to us. If we pick and choose,
      then we choose to ignore some scripture and choose
      heresy instead. <br><br>It is all about choice. If I
      didn't have that choice and had to be gay, I would then
      choose to commit suicide. The "ex-gay" movement gives
      people hope for those who want it. For those who don't,
      they have the choice to live as gay people. We all
      must answer individually to the Lord in the end.
      Message 2165 of 2165 , Aug 10, 2003