Re: Ex-Gay Suicide

    Message 1 of 2165 , Jun 30, 2001
      One more thought on this matter: At a recent
      seminar I attended, one of the keynote speakers was a
      former leader of one of the Exodus-based "ex-gay"
      ministries, who now devotes his time and energy to helping
      gay Christian people integrate their Evangelical
      Christian faith with their sexuality. One of the questions
      he was asked was, "Of the scores of people you've
      seen leave the "ex-gay" movement/ministry during your
      years of involvement with it, how many remained in the
      church in some form or capacity as opposed to how many
      left the church all together?" Quite sadly, he
      reported his experience was that most who leave the
      "ex-gay" ministry leave the church all together. He said,
      they come into the "ex-gay" ministries already made to
      feel that they don't fit in to the church, and then
      when they discover "reorientation therapy" is a lie
      and does not work, they then most often leave
      Christianity all together, being unable to separate the two.
      Message 2165 of 2165 , Aug 10 6:51 PM