Re: A Must Read!!!

  • nojam75
    Message 1 of 2165 , Oct 31, 2000
      The transcript of the Campolos' debate is
      excellent! I think they represent the best of both side of
      the debate over reconciling homosexuality and
      Christian fundamentalism. It is commendable that Tony
      Campolo seemed to recognize that the debate dealt with
      real people's lives and was not merely a theological
      debate. <br><br>I agree with NYGuy that Tony Campolo
      should be commended for at least being more tolerant of
      the gay community. It seems to me that there are some
      Christians that hold a view similar to Tony Campolos who
      unfortunately remain silent when compared to the more vocal
      anti-gay Christian crowd. I disagree with his theology,
      but I hope Tony Campolo can enlighten other
      fundamentalists to be more tolerent of others. Although, being
      tolerated certainly should NOT be confused with being
      accepted or welcomed. <br><br>NYGuy brings another good
      point about gay communities' attitudes toward
      fundamentalist Christians. Like some fundamentalist Christians,
      I think we sometimes feel so persecuted that we
      forget that we are also called to reach out to our
      enemies out of love and respect. I recognize this
      especially now in this hostile political environment we are
      in right now. <br><br>- Norm! (nojam75@...)
      Message 2165 of 2165 , Aug 10, 2003