My Journey

  • df260
    Message 1 of 2165 , Aug 31, 2000
      When I entered the Exodus ministry back in 1997
      it was for various reasons. The biggest was to get
      closer with my family. When I had to leave bible college
      and the ministry back in 1990, I did not see them for
      6 years, and I missed them. I also missed the
      ministry. I had worked through the scriptures and really
      did believe that the bible didn't condemn me for
      being gay, howver, the denomination I grew up in taught
      that what was right was how they interpreted scripture
      not how the individual did. So that was a hard one
      for me, but I have mostly overcame that one.<br> One
      thing that has been difficult for me and I would
      greatly appreciate any words of wisdom you may have is
      the growing up factor for being gay. According to
      Exodus I meet most of the criteria, ie. absent father,
      abusive step father, molested, etc. What do you all think
      about that theory. Any how, I will be long winded
      David
      Message 2165 of 2165 , Aug 10, 2003