4111Re: Three questions

  • Larry
    Nov 6, 2006
      Hi Pete and everyone

      This past weekend I participated in a very valuable and enriching Man-to-Man: Sexual
      Health Seminar put on by the University of Minnesota under the direction of B R Simon
      Rosser, Ph.D. If any of you ever get the chance to attend this Seminar which has been
      going on for over 10 years and is expanding across the USA, I encourage you to attend.

      As to the three Questions, I will be glad to answer them. And I welcome anyone who
      would want to write me privately at dadheniso@... with any questions or
      comments.

      > 1. What (if anything) do you believe caused you currently be gay
      > or have previous gay feelings?
      I believe that I was created by God to be gay, just like I was
      created to be right handed. That I have been Gay from the
      moment of my birth.

      > 2. What/who (other than the bible) has caused you to believe that
      > being gay needs to be changed?
      For most of my life, I believe God called me to "Minister" and
      therefore I constantly attempted to attend seminary or Bible
      Training to be ordained. While at LMTC at North Heights LC
      in Roseville, MN I was told that I had to give up being Gay, I
      had to become Ex-Gay to be acceptable to God and be in the
      Lay Ministry Training Program. I believed their lies and tried
      but soon became a "Good hypocritical Chrisian?, living a dual
      life.

      > 3. What is your current belief about the issue?
      Got a couple hours and a few pages? Eight years ago I joined a
      different Lutheran Church and the first service talked to the
      Pastor about becoming a member. I told him that I wanted to
      work with Gays in Ministry. He said "Great, we have been wanting
      to get that ministry going. Are you going to Pride, this afternoon?"

      I had entered a church where Gays were accepted, encouraged to
      be themselves, that sin was done by everyone and everyone needed
      to be forgiven for all kinds of sins. But it was normal to be Gay. I
      became involved in the Reconciled to Christ Movement and consider
      myself still active in it.

      I am Gay, a homosexual, created by God to be Gay. The things I chose
      to do growing up like playing with dolls, mud pies, and attraction to
      other boys came out of my inner need, it was not forced upon me. I
      choose to be Gay. If sexual orientation was a choice, I might try to fix
      it but my years of being Ex-Gay, proved to myself that I was meant to
      be Gay. The Day I was told I No Longer had to be Ex-Gay, the biggest
      load of pain and suffering fell off of my shoulders.

      As a Christian, I can deal with the idea of "sin" and "atonement" in the
      fact that NO SIN is worse than any other. That all sins need to be paid
      for and that Christ has already paid for all of them, even Gay ones.

      At the Seminar this weekend, I used the term Ex-Ex-Gay and was free to talk
      about being Free. I was also enabled to talk about fetishes including that I
      spank men and why. I also explained what I meant by being a Daddy and how
      it related to living in the world. I am Free to be ME.

      Daddy Larry Rogers
      dadheniso@...