3665Re: [ExExGayMinistry] Exodus monthly political newsletters

  • Jayelle Wiggins
    May 6, 2005
      I stopped getting it when I moved to NYC, but I can
      back you up on this--it's really awful, and a real
      contrast to the "softer" online content. It reminds
      me of the old joke about Hell and campaigning. Where
      is that source?

      B*B,
      Jayelle

      PS--I would recommend Mike's site,
      http://www.exgaywatch.com, to everyone here and every
      LGBT person who values their right to be themselves.

      --- beltwaymike <editor@...> wrote:
      > Exodus International publishes a monthly newsletter
      > that details the
      > organization's antigay political activities -- which
      > frequently
      > coincide with the political activities of Focus on
      > the Family and PFOX.
      >
      > The newsletter is no longer published online. In
      > contrast to the
      > organization's web site, the newsletter -- authored
      > mostly by Alan
      > Chambers and Randy Thomas -- contains a bit more
      > accusation and
      > namecalling that associates gay people with Satan,
      > sickness,
      > immorality, liberalism, the destruction of marriage,
      > and efforts to
      > coerce high school children into homosexuality.
      > Chambers periodically
      > speaks of anger and moral outrage, and the obvious
      > intent is to incite
      > hostility and antigay political activity based on
      > half-truths,
      > stereotypes, and outright defamation.
      >
      > You may sign up at the Exodus web site
      > (www.exodus.to) to receive the
      > newsletter via postal mail -- or, I know where PDF
      > copies of it may be
      > obtained via e-mail. Please let me know if you are
      > interested.
      >
      > --
      > Mike Airhart
      > Ex-Gay Watch

      "No American, no human being, should have to give up her or his difference in order to be treated equally under the law."--Evan Wolfson, Why Marriage Matters

      http://www.livejournal.com/~princesswitch

      Discover Yahoo!
      http://discover.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic