3207Re: i do exist

    Oct 7, 2004
      <<What the hypocracy has done is pushed my family away from
      Christianity; my father no longer wants any association with the
      Catholic Church after the hypocratic and homophobic Bishop Pell was
      promoted to Cardinal, as for my sister, brother and I, we no longer
      want a religion that dictates to us.>>

      I can well understand how hypocrisy can turn people off to God and
      religion. I see it all the time and have had to personally grapple
      with it myself. But for those who end up throwing out the baby with
      the bath water, so to speak, isn't that somewhat akin to refusing to
      eat again just because mom burned the brownies? I guess the
      question that comes to my mind is: if you, your sister and your
      brother no longer want a religion (or a God) that dictates to you,
      then what kind of religion and God do you want? The kind where you
      dictate to him? Surely there must be healthier balance we can
      achieve.

      -Alex

      --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Gardiner
      <kaiwai@v...> wrote:

      > Dixibehr@a... wrote:
      >

      > > In a message dated 10/6/04 8:31:50 AM, kaiwai@v... writes:
      > >

      > >> Just look at the train wreck, Terry Randall, after married to
      his loyal
      > >> wife for over a decade, he trades her in for a younger model;
      > >

      > > And don't forget, Randall Terry, the outspoken opponent of
      > > homosexuality and abortion has an openly gay son and he ran off
      his
      > > own teenaged daughter when she got pregnant in high school.
      >
      > Yeap, I remember that. A son who is gay, a daughter who got
      pregnant
      > and school, and IIRC, the third daughter converted to Islam.
      >
      > So not only a train wreck marriage but a train wreck family life;
      but
      > then again, its typical of these people, they would give advice to
      > everyone else rather than them getting their house in order.
      >
      > Can you blame people who have anti-Christian feelings? especially
      when
      > you see the hypocracy that is spread by Christians. The double
      standards
      > of "do what I say, not as I do". Churches who decry homosexuality,
      and
      > yet, say nothing on issues such as child abuse, divorce, domestic
      > violence etc. etc.
      >
      > What the hypocracy has done is pushed my family away from
      Christianity;
      > my father no longer wants any association with the Catholic Church
      after
      > the hypocratic and homophobic Bishop Pell was promoted to
      Cardinal, as
      > for my sister, brother and I, we no longer want a religion that
      dictates
      > to us.
      >
      > For my sister and I, we converted to Buddhism over 10 years ago
      and
      > haven't looked back; we're no longer dictated to by priests and
      self
      > appointed gurus. My "lifestyle choice" as Christians like to call
      it is
      > never questioned as the more important things such as respecting
      others
      > take a higher presidence over what people do behind closed doors.
      My
      > brother and mother are agnostic; they would rather believe in a
      God
      > without all the baggage associated with his fan club on earth.
      >
      > Matty
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic