2647Re: [ExExGayMinistry] Re: Reading Between the Lines...

  • BearJER@Juno.com
    Jan 22, 2003
      David, this is certainly a tragedy - what happened to your friend. It is
      too bad that he had not found a group of caring, loving, non-legalistic,
      non-judgmental Christians to be in his circle of influence, regardless of
      whether they believed in full acceptance of homosexuality or not. People
      who "Taught him that as long as he had these "evil" desires, he was not
      worthy in God's eyes," were definitely not teaching the gospel Jesus
      taught.

      Jerry

      On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 12:27:05 -0800 (PST) David <dapapabear2@...>
      writes:
      > I lost a good friend a few years back because he never could
      > accept
      > who he was, kept playing the "all I need is to get healed game"
      > while
      > acting on is sexual needs in the most dangerous ways. It had
      > already
      > destroyed his marriage (there was more than that involved) was
      > wrecking his physical health, massacred his finances (and messed
      > with
      > mine ultimately) and in the end got him murdered in a very gruesome
      > manner. And all could have been avoided that is what is so
      > frustrating and makes me mad to this day. Maybe his marriage could
      > not have been saved but his life could have and the life of the man
      > that killed him. And his children could have been spared the
      > heartache they went through and all the amazing amounts of good he
      > did with his life could have been untainted by what happened. But
      > no
      > the church - starting with the Roman Catholic church he grew up in
      > and then the Pentecostal churches he converted to later in life
      > destroyed any sense of self worth the man had. Taught him that as
      > long as he had these "evil" desires he was not worthy in God's eyes
      > and the haunted him daily. They killed him just as much as the
      > homeless man that bashed in his skull with a radio because he
      > claimed
      > my friend had tried to have sex with him.
      > How many of the "ex-gay" people are walking time bombs. I'm
      > not
      > saying they are right or wrong to stay in marriages that is
      > certainly
      > up to them. But they absolutely have to be honest with themselves
      > and admit who they are not try to force down and deny needs and
      > emotions. How destructive for all involved.

      Only $9.95 per month!
      Visit www.juno.com
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic