2617Re: Reading Between the Lines...

    Jan 12, 2003
      Jerry, it strikes me as curious that although you have on numerous
      occasions communicated your strong interest in dialoging on the key
      passages concerning the Bible and sexuality and ask lots of
      questions, you generally simply disappear as soon as answers are
      provided -- only to reappear again some weeks later.

      I well understand how grappling with these issues can be difficult.
      I also understand how the difficulties become all the more complex
      when one has a wife and/or children who obviously would also be
      affected by the decisions and choices we make.

      But the fact that you keep coming back here with challenge after
      challenge (most of which have not held any biblical water to speak
      of) and question after question (which have always been and always
      will be welcome) would seem to indicate that if you had it to do all
      over again you would very likely do things differently. Why then
      would you want others to have to go through the same life of
      frustration that you and far too many others have had to endure? At
      the very least, you help others by simply stop perpetuating the "ex-
      gay" lie so that those who come after you won't have to fall under
      the same deception.

      As the proverbial father who wants a better life for his children
      than he was afforded or who wants to help his children avoid the
      pitfalls he fell subject to, so you too can help the next generation
      by stopping the lie that's been spread over the last generation that
      God is in the business of changing people's sexual orientation.
      There clearly is no evidence to support the myth, biblical or
      otherwise and you know it as well, if not better, than most.

      <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      > writes:
      > > A few ditties from the Fall 2002 issue of the Record,
      Evangelicals
      > > Concerned Inc.'s quarterly newsletter...
      > >
      > > "EX-GAYS'" CONTINUING STRUGGLE WITH HOMOSEXUALITY WAS EVIDENT IN
      THE

      > > WORKSHOPS AT THE 2002 EXODUS "EX-GAY" CONFERENCE. Among the
      > > workshops offered: "How to Survive Being Married to an Ex-Gay
      > > Man," "Married Men Struggling with Homosexuality – Will I
      > > Survive?," "Being Married/Staying Married: Surviving
      Homosexuality
      > > in Marriage," "The Opposite of Homosexuality is Not
      Heterosexuality
      > > –
      > > It's Holiness," and "She's Not Your Mama! Becoming Healthy
      > > Husbands." A General Session wrestled with the topic: "Why Do I
      Do
      > > What I Do Not Want to Do?"
      > >
      > > "YES, GOD CAN CHANGE THE CORE OF WHO WE ARE; THAT IS THE TRUTH
      OF
      > > THE GOSPEL!" This is the cover testimony in the July issue of
      the
      > > Exodus Update. But Nate Oyloe goes on to say: "My recovery began
      > > almost six years ago. It has been the hardest thing I have ever
      had

      > > to do. I have not arrived," he rationalizes, "but I know that I
      > > never will here on earth." He is currently working at the "ex-
      gay"
      > > ministry called Outpost. Jeff Ford, former director of Outpost,
      on

      > > the other hand, is now an ex-ex-gay Christian counselor.
      > >
      > > HOMOSEXUALITY IS THE FOURTH MOST FREQUENT TOPIC SEARCHED OUT ON
      THE

      > > ANTIGAY FOCUS ON THE FAMILY WEB SITE. According to the "ex-gay"
      > > Exodus Update newsletter, questions pertaining to "overcoming"
      > > homosexuality are referred to Exodus. In spite of his having
      been
      > > caught socializing in a dingy gay bar in Washington, DC, "ex-
      gay"
      > > leader John Paulk still heads the Focus department on
      Homosexuality

      > > and Gender. Paulk conducts one-day Focus seminars promoting the
      > > "ex-
      > > gay" promise.

      > > our use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/