2608Re: [ExExGayMinistry] Reading Between the Lines...

  • Brian Chase
    Jan 10, 2003
      Well, maybe the effort should be to encourage gay people to be honest in the
      first place and not enter heterosexual marriages.

      All of the b.s. "staying with your spouse no matter how unfulfilled and
      miserable it leaves you, your mate, and your children" seminars would be
      unnecessary if the evil of Exodus, NARTH and the rest of that pack had never
      compelled gay people to hide their true orientations in the first place.

      The insane far right is doing nothing but promoting bad marriages by forcing
      gay people to hide and lie. Ostracizing homosexuals makes young gay people
      try to hide by entering heterosexual marriages. People who are in such
      dishonest relationships are better off coming clean and having a new start,
      no matter how painful it may be in the short term. Continuing to live a lie
      is not SURVIVING as Jerry claims-- it's just surrendering to dishonesty.

      Yet again the religious right proves that they believe that the Ninth
      Commandment is optional. There is no honesty in the zealotry of those you
      seem to admire -- only cowardice and evil. I have great sympathy for those
      who are trapped in the lies of Exodus, but I feel nothing but contempt for
      the liars themselves. There will come a day when those who badgered their
      gay brothers and sisters to enter into dishonest heterosexual relationships
      will have to explain themselves to one who sees through all their
      deceptions.

      If the far right wants to help gay people stay celibate for religious
      reasons -- fine. I may disagree, but I can respect that opinion.
      Convincing people to perpetuate the lie that gays "change" is beneath
      contempt. It is murderously brutal to the gay people, their spouses, and
      their poor children who have to watch as their parents suffer through the
      dishonesty that Exodus and the rest have created.

      God calls us to be honest. Jerry and his allies call on us to lie.

      I generally don't like being quite this blunt, but I generally don't
      encounter such blatent, vicious and unfeeling comments. No, it is not a
      "good thing" to lie to your spouse or to lie to couples struggling with the
      homosexuality of one partner by pretending that a marriage based on lies
      must be preserved at all costs. It is the furthest thing from good.