2392Re:[ExExGayMinistry] Re: My Faith Journey

    Aug 27 5:56 PM
      Thanks for your gracious words re: the post, Don. I'm afraid this
      particular one wasn't from Norm, but from me. It was my reply to
      our brother Jerry who responded to an earlier post I wrote. He
      wanted to know why I had a "militant attitude" (I think that was the
      term he used) toward the "ex-gay" movement. I thought it was a
      fair question deserving an honest answer. Sadly, though Jerry pops
      in from time to time and communicates a sincere interest in
      discussing some of these critical and timely issues, he never seems
      to stick around long enough to dialog. Hopefully he'll return...

      --- In exexgayministry@y..., calldon2k <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > --- In exexgayministry@y..., nyguy_1225 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > That's an excellent question, Jerry. And if you're sincere in
      > > wanting me to answer it, I would say yes, they may become more
      well
      > > adjusted in some ways but no, homosexual people do not become
      > > heterosexual. Let me try to explain: Their gravest error is
      > > confusing a change in behavior with a change in orientation.
      Gay
      > > people in our society generally grow up feeling "different from"
      > > and "less than" their non-gay counterparts. They're often made
      > > feel they do not measure up and often suffer rejection, ridicule
      > and
      > > often incur deep hurt -- physically, emotionally,
      psychologically
      > > and/or sexually. And gay people are strongly affected by the
      > > negative attitudes of the church on homosexuality. It's hard
      > > enough growing up under the best of circumstances but when this
      > > other stuff is added to their plate the resulting poor self-
      esteem,
      > > depression and fear can be a severe blow to a fragile
      identity.

      > Norm...EXCELLENT POST!!!
      >
      > I sent this to a couple of friends, one, of whom, is a Baptist
      > preacher with whom I used to be associated. (I worked with his
      older
      > brother) We were out of touch for almost 20 years, since I left
      the
      > ministry in the middle of the night back in 1982. He has had a
      life
      > transformation and sees the futility in the strong, legalistic way
      we
      > both used to approach the Scriptures. He now knows my story and
      > attitude. I think he will appreciate hearing someone else (you)
      say
      > almost EXACTLY what I said many times, almost word-per-word!
      >
      > Thanks for the excellent way you expressed yourself.
      >
      > D*
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic