      From: nyguy_1225 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      To: exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [ExExGayMinistry] Re: My Faith Journey
      Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 22:50:18 -0000

      Norm, what makes you sometimes think the promoters of the ex-gay
      movement were right? And what specifically do you sometimes think
      they were right about? That (a) God and the Bible speak against all
      expressions of homosexuality and against homosexual orientation? Or
      that (b) sexual orientation is mutable and God desires and/or is in
      the buisness of making homosexually-oriented people heterosexual?

      I find the ex-gay movement and those who get ensnared by it to be
      such a sad lot of people. It saddens me that they're taught to
      believe buying into "ex-gay" theology means they have been freed
      from bondage. Having watched the fruit of the ex-gay movement (or
      the lack thereof) and the lives of those who've embraced it for a
      very long time, I've come to see that in actuality the very opposite
      is true. It saddens me to such an extent that I spend my life in
      many ways caring for those who have bought into it by helping them
      to find real freedom in Christ -- freedom to live responsible but
      honest and authentic lives before the God who called them into
      fellowship.

      Thankfully, we're living in a place and time when more and more
      respected Christian thinkers, biblical scholars and theologians are
      now coming forward to say the Church must begin to re-think their
      treatment of Christian gay people and to re-examine the Scriptures
      to see what they really say, and do not say, about homosexuality.
      As Lewis Smedes, retired Fuller Theological Seminary Ethicist and
      best-selling author says: "The Church's treatment of homosexuality
      has become the greatest heresy in the history of the church."

      --- In exexgayministry@y..., "nojam75" <nojam75@y...> wrote:
      Do you ever have doubts like: "Maybe the promoters the ex-gay
      movement were right"? (I have to admit that there are times when
      this thought occurs to me and I have to go through the entire
      thought process again.)

      THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH: Jesus said it: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic