2383Re: My Faith Journey

  • nojam75
    Aug 20, 2002
      David, I just read you journey. I hope you don't mind if I ask some
      questions. I'm just courious to hear how others have overcome the
      ex-gay experience.

      - When you determined that your straight marriage was not working
      out, did you feel like an ex-gay failure or that the ex-gay ideal
      failed you? (In my experience, I felt like a complete failure even
      though I knew that leaving the ex-gay lifestyle made more logical

      - How have you dealt with the ex-gay teaching regarding the supposed
      roots of your homosexuality? (For me, it has taken me quite a while
      to overcome the guilt and feelings of inadequency that were
      reinforced by ex-gay teachings.)

      - Do you ever have doubts like: "Maybe the promoters the ex-gay
      movement were right"? (I have to admit that there are times when
      this thought occurs to me and I have to go through the entire
      thought process again.)

      I'm glad you found us (it's been slow around here lately) and thanks
      for sharing your journey.

      - Norm! (nojam75@...)

      --- In exexgayministry@y..., "DavidPlunkett" <davidplunkett@y...>
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic