Re: [exeterchessclub] Cool DON'T CLICK ON THAT LINK

  • Simon Waters
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2013
      On 28/04/13 10:17, Dr Dave Regis wrote:

      > I'm sure you don't need telling not to click on that, I assume Ray's
      > account has been hacked. I'll let him know

      This looks like the same stuff as was covered on Channel 4 a while back.

      http://www.channel4.com/news/yahoos-email-system-hacked-by-criminal-spammers

      The page you end up on (if you follow the links and aren't served
      malware on route) is different, but the modus operandi is the same.
      Compromised Joomla and Wordpress boxes redirecting, to another server.
      Post via "YahooMailWebService". Some bad guys have put some serious
      effort into setting up this stuff.