Autodiscovery

  • Driscoll, Michael
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2007

      I’m trying to configure Autodiscovery in a test environment. I have 3 Exchange servers. Two are mailbox servers in a CCR setup and the third is  a CAS and HTS. I’ve successfully setup and tested OWA and RPC via HTTP (Outlook Anywhere) but I’m having trouble with getting Autodiscovery to work. I have a Windows XP client sitting outside of the Exchange network, i.e. connecting via the Internet. When I run the wizard in Outlook 2k7, I fill in the user information and hit Next. I’m then presented with a logon box asking me to logon to my mailbox cluster. No matter what credentials I supply, it fails. I don’t understand why it’s prompting me for credentials since I’ve already supplied them to the wizard.

      Can anyone shed any light onto the situation?

      Thanks.

      --Mike Driscoll

    • Driscoll, Michael
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2007

        Does Autodiscovery work with wildcard certificates? The reason I ask is that I have a wildcard certificate setup on my CAS server. When I use the Autodiscovery service to create a profile, it sets the mutual authentication option in the Exchange Proxy Settings. Since the CAS server responds with *.domain.com in the certificate instead of servername.domain.com, the mutual authentication fails. Is there some way to alter this behavior?

        --Mike Driscoll

      • elementvirus
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2007
          See this post about DNS settings etc and certficates for autodiscover -
          http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/04/30/438249.aspx

          and a new one today that touches on it too,
          http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/07/02/445698.aspx

          --- In exchange2007@yahoogroups.com, "Driscoll, Michael"