Re: [exchange2007] Re: What ever happened to Version 7??

  • Giuseppe Pinarello
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 2, 2006
      Thanks Michael for helping me remember.  8 = 12

      On 7/31/06, Kevin Snook <kevin.snook@...> wrote:

      In my experience major release source streams are only used for significant enhancements and major reworks. There must have been something major in Version 7 and given that it was initiated before Version 8 (logically), it must have been their first attempt at the new release of Exchange. My thinking is that it was the release of Exchange based on a SQL engine. Given that they've dropped it, maybe we can finally say goodbye to the rumours of SQL-based Exchange (after about 10 years!).

      It's not important at all but these sorts of things give me something to talk about in customer meetings when the talk of football and the weather have dried up!

      Kevin

        helpdesk@silversand s.co.uk